WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Appalachian Trail Memories Round Robin – Looking for Creative Types!

Bucket here, AT 2007!

I’m hoping to put together a 12 person round robin for trail art/memories, so I’m looking for people who:

1. Have a lot of experience with the Appalachian Trail (i.e. thru-hikers, 2000 milers of all kinds, section hikers who have completed at least half of the trail)
    2. Can stick to a year-long commitment
    3. Have some sort of creative skill or interest – photography, painting, drawing, other types of visual art, or writing. You don’t have to be a fabulous artist, just willing to put some time and effort into each piece.

The commitment would be to creating a brand new piece of AT-related art each month and a few dollars in postage each month. My idea is that members of the group would create unique pages in each other’s books relating to their own AT experiences. Members could draw, paint, use photos, writing, collage, the sky is the limit, the more creative and fun the better!

The structure would be as follows:

Those who are interested would be in email contact with me so that I can assure commitment to the project and collect postal addresses.

By a certain date (hopefully May 20th), each member of the round robin would be responsible for:

1. Purchasing/finding/making a notebook of at least 12 pages
    2. Creating the first page
    3. Mailing the book to the address I give them
    4. E-mailing me once they have sent the notebook

Each member would then e-mail me again when they receive the notebook they have been sent.

The next month (i.e. June 20th), each member would repeat the process – mailing on the notebook they have created a page in, e-mailing to let me know they have done so, and e-mailing when they receive the next notebook.

If all members are committed, then by the end of a year each of us will have seen and enjoyed 132 unique and creative pieces of Appalachian trail memory, created 12 themselves, and have a book of 12 pieces (one from each member) to keep.

Please keep in mind that this is a year-long commitment. If someone drops out or fails to hold up their end, then someone else could be left without a notebook to keep. If this sounds like fun to you though, and you’ll have email and postal access over the next year, email me! Email me if you have any questions as well! [email protected]
    2007 AT Thru - Trailname: Bucket!

Slowest Hiker On Earth

Sounds like fun. I used to do alot of round robin books in my rubberstamping and scrapbooking circles. I don't meet your requirements of miles completed though. Hope that your idea is a success

Hey all! As a heads up, if people are interested who haven't hiked half the trail, please drop me an email. If you have enough experience to do twelve originally pieces/memories then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd rather be flexible on "miles hiked" than interest - interest is key!

Thanks!

Bucket

Hey Bucket, count me in! Email is [email protected]

1234/4936 moon
    "The best way to spend your life is to build something that will outlast it."

Great! Still looking for six more people!

Barry Manilow here from Philadelphia. Count me in 2 Bucket! Howdy 1/4 Moon, hope this finds you both well!

Default to contact B. Manilow

My email address is [email protected]

Hooray!

We're still seeking five more people. Contact me to join the fun! [email protected]

hey Bucket, to find more publicity for this maybe we could post it under another thread..ie general or something.

P.S. barry manilow, how tha heck are you?
    "The best way to spend your life is to build something that will outlast it."

++ New Posts ++