WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wakapak View Post
    Hey Jack..

Give Chaco a big ole smooch when you see him...he'll love that!!!
    LOL... oh this I gotta see!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    we are moving to the area soon. and have plans to do regular maintence with bob and others...
    Be sure to keep your Tuesdays free. Tuesdays are our regular maintenance days, although next week is on a Wed...and, oh yeah, new guys get privy duty..see you when you get here I reckon...

Oh and since this is a Chaco thread...HI Colonel Chaco, hope all is well...

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Quote Originally Posted by mountain squid View Post
    Be sure to keep your Tuesdays free. Tuesdays are our regular maintenance days, although next week is on a Wed...and, oh yeah, new guys get privy duty..see you when you get here I reckon...

Oh and since this is a Chaco thread...HI Colonel Chaco, hope all is well...

See you on the trail,
    mt squid
    thanks Mt. squid for the welcome mat. so after my first day of maintenance i should bring some one else along so they would be the new guy? you can count my girlfriend in too then. her first day will be my second... problem solved glad your having a great time CHACO

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    her first day will be my second... problem solved
    Good idea...of course, actually finding a TN privy might be the hardest part of the task...

Hey Colonel Chaco (and other hikers), get to Kincora on a Mon and be prepared to work on Tue (since you are only passing thru, we won't make you clean out our privy...)

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Quote Originally Posted by mountain squid View Post
    Good idea...of course, actually finding a TN privy might be the hardest part of the task...

Hey Colonel Chaco (and other hikers), get to Kincora on a Mon and be prepared to work on Tue (since you are only passing thru, we won't make you clean out our privy...)

See you on the trail,
    mt squid
    yeah theres only a couple of them and the secret privy.

Wakapak,I think ill let you do that

Made it to HS late last night walked into the Pub. With Seabass, Y2K, KeyChain and my trail brother Mudslide is here!!! Hanging with pops today. little bear, get your ass up here man. Come hike.

Quote Originally Posted by wakapak View Post
    Hey Jack..

Give Chaco a big ole smooch when you see him...he'll love that!!!

Section Hiking to Maine. little bear's Avatar
    Images

I will leave Dunn around 6 am on monday, and should be in HS around noon. Will you be able to wait until about then to leave? If so im coming!!!!!! And do you think your dad could shuttle me back to HS if I take and drop my car off at a trail head. Call me on my celly, dog.

LB
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    Wakapak,I think ill let you do that

Made it to HS late last night walked into the Pub. With Seabass, Y2K, KeyChain and my trail brother Mudslide is here!!! Hanging with pops today. little bear, get your ass up here man. Come hike.

LOL! i thouht you'd say that!

Have fun with everyone in Hot Springs!!!
    Talk to you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Images

Col, im all packed up and will be leaving in the morning.......see ya around noon.....call so we can have a place to meet.

LB
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Images

Default Got to meet "the man!"

Just did the little section of Newfound Gap to Standing Bear Farm. Met the Colonel at Ice Water Springs.....and yep....he knew me! Said "we have an inside joke about you." Gees, like I care. Asked me if I had found Kirby. Had a great time meeting him. He was interested in my going to Scotland in the Fall and asked that I post my pics and journals on trailjournals.com. Said I would.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

I saw Chaco and Baltimore Jack this morning in Hot Springs with SGT Rock and his family. He's loving every minute of his hike and having the time of his life!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

Hey Chaco Taco, Glad to see your still alive and kicking

Images

Chaco...have a great hike to Erwin!!!!!!!!
    hope we get to talk, but if not, know i can't wait to see you!!!!!

not much longer!!!!!!!!

Hey meet me at Bluff Mtn or call 828-622-7162!!!!. My dad will take you wherever you need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by little bear View Post
    I will leave Dunn around 6 am on monday, and should be in HS around noon. Will you be able to wait until about then to leave? If so im coming!!!!!! And do you think your dad could shuttle me back to HS if I take and drop my car off at a trail head. Call me on my celly, dog.

LB

Images

You go, Chaco!! Great to hear you are doing well. I finished my section Sat. and miss it like hell. Hope I get to see at Trail Days. Keep on hiking on!!
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    Just did the little section of Newfound Gap to Standing Bear Farm. Met the Colonel at Ice Water Springs.....and yep....he knew me! Said "we have an inside joke about you." Gees, like I care. Asked me if I had found Kirby. Had a great time meeting him. He was interested in my going to Scotland in the Fall and asked that I post my pics and journals on trailjournals.com. Said I would.

Forgot to thank Chaco for the sip of hootch! Tasted mighty good on that cold hilltop! I may have to start carrying my own flask..........
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Default The Circus Is Coming To Town

I really want to take time to thank all of you for such kind words and for being so great to me. You guys have all got a very special place in my heart.
    Roots honey, i miss your country ass

Mrs baggins, you are so awesome. Have fun in your travels.

Also, my bro Little Bear has arrived and is riding with my dad to Tanyard Gap where i will meet up with him. He didnt bring rain with him this time.

Thanks again to all i have met along the way and get ready, Im heading North. The Travelling Circus is coming to a trail town near you.
    Cast of Characters- Mudslide and Gypsy, Colonel Chaco, Thor, The ThunderCats aka, Johnny Thunder, Orion, Harvest, Scout.
    Its on

Chaco, I really enjoyed meeting all of the "gypsies". Very interesting group. Drove all the way back to the beach today/tonight. Take care and keep your head high. I am convinced even more now about what an awesome experience it is going to be. Seaside

Images

I just added pictures to Col Chacos trail journal....go see his new pics. I will post a trip report on his thread at his request once I get it typed up.

Man we had fun.

LB

Images

Here is my trip report from hiking with Col Chaco.

April 28 2008
    I left home around 7 am and drove to Raleigh and dropped off my wife and then headed toward Hot Springs. On the way it rained hard the whole way. Once I made it to Waynesville it stopped raining and the sun came out. When I made it to Hot Springs, I ran into Jack Tarlin, and he told me Col Chaco was waiting for me at the Smokey Mnt Diner. I meet Col Chaco, Thor, Mudslide, Indigo and Seaside at the diner around 12:30. Man them guys can eat some food. Once done seaside took me to Sams gap so I could drop off my car, and Chaco and his buddies were going to meet me at Mills Pond. Seaside and I dropped my car off at Sams gap and then he dropped me at Tanyard Gap, (I hiked that section in 2003) and I began hiking south to Mills Pond. I meet up with the group and we walked north on the trail and found a nice bald on Mills Ridge and made camp. We hung out and talked awhile and cooked dinner and then went to bed around 9 pm.

April 29, 2008
    When we woke this morning around 6:30 am, I was so cold. Over the night the temps dropped down into the teens and the wind blew around 55-60 mph, and it poured down rain. I like an idiot listened to the weather man and he said it was going to be in the 50 at night and 75 during the day, so I brought my 40 degree bag, and spring clothing, so I was not prepared for the cold weather. I got up and got my food bag, which we hung due to all the bear activity in the area. I made a hot breakfast and climbed back into my sleeping bag, and hung out in my tent until around 9 am. At 9:30 everyone was out and packed up and Chaco and I began hiking. Around 11:30 am Chaco and I hiked up to Rich Mnt fire tower. Man it as cold up there. We ate lunch and then Thor, Mudslide and Indigo arrived. A section hiker, Waynes World, hiking from Hot Springs to Erwin arrived and we talked awhile. We then began hiking. At around 3 pm we arrived at Spring Mnt shelter. I had cellphone service and called the wife and told her how cold I was last night and she checked the weather and found that it was going to be colder tonight. So I decided to stay at the Hemlock Hollow Hostel which was about 7 miles from Spring Mnt shelter. I told Chaco and the other that I didnt want to have another night of no sleep and freezing to death, so I was going to split up from them. they hiked on and I sat around the shelter for a little bit soaking in being on the trail and not at work. EZ-does-it showed up and we talked a little while and I told him of my plans of staying in the Hostel, and he decided he would as well. As we were talking a couple hiked up, Bogie and Bacall walked up. They section hiked the entire trail and then this year they decided to thru hike. They asked where we were staying tonight and we told them and they decided to come along. When we hiked down to Allen gap, we saw a sign that said Trail magic 350 yards down the road. We walked down to the house and Chaco and his buddies were hiking out from there and told us we would enjoy the food. We were then meet by Hercules and his wife Fal, who thru hiked in 1999. they invited us in and served us a big hot homemade Belgin waffle, big bowl of homemade stew and dessert. Then witnessed about Christ's love to us. they are great Christian people who care alot about hikers. They said they do this everyday from morning until 6:30 pm except on Sundays. After we ate we hiked to the Hostel, and got a bunk in the bunkhouse with a hot shower for $18.

April 30, 2008
    This morning I got a shuttle to Sams Gap and picked up my car. After getting my car I went and got pizza, beer and chips and took it to Camp Creek Bald where I meet with Chaco and the guys, and they were happy to see me with beer and pizza. I visited with them a while and then left and drove home.

Man I had a blast visiting with my brother Chaco and meeting the cool guys he was hiking with, I plan on getting out with him again next month.

Once I got home my wife gave me the best news in a while, She is PREGNANT.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++