WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Undrinkium . . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Glad to see you online, today, 'Slogger. How are you feeling? How 'bout an update?
    Roland

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Glad to see you online, today, 'Slogger. How are you feeling? How 'bout an update?
    =====================================

Glad to be here !! Glad to be anywhere ABOVE GROUND !!

As for progress ...finished my first week of rehab and so far so good. Ticker seems to be tolerating the exercise well. Have a lot more energy and appetite/body weight are improving. Still don't like this %&@#! implant in my left upper chest but I guess it's a small price to pay for an insurance policy
    against further episodes.

I do have to tell you something amusing though. Ya know all the earlier comments about "Nurse Ratchet" ?? ...well at this very moment I am watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and loving every minute of it !!

Oh yeah, and thanks for asking ...

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Great to hear from you Slog. Damn Great!

go, slogger, go!!!! glad you are feeling better!!
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    . . . Ya know all the earlier comments about "Nurse Ratchet" ?? ...well at this very moment I am watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and loving every minute of it !!

Oh yeah, and thanks for asking ...

'Slogger
    You are one sick puppy.

Could be why you have so many friends.

:::: We interrupt this very special episode of 'Something Strange. . . the Rockies Ruck' for an important announcment.

I'm out of undrinkium.

We now return you to your program::::

Resistance is futile. You have been assimilated into the Borg collective and will be renamed Slogucious. Next you will have the Borg, add leads so u can recharge your batteries for use on the trail and to jump start your car battery. All joking aside What really matters is that your still here with us. Which makes every day a celebration for all who care about you.

'Slogger, take care, be good, and keep posting. It reminds me to pray for you.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Smile

Just got this from 'Slogger:

Still going at the rehab thing full bore. I'm either going to get better or kill myself - - I'm leaning more toward the getting better side myself.

Bugs me that I won't be heading out to the PCT kick-off party this year but I can't do it all and I had to chose between my 5 year AT thru anniversary at Trail Days in Damascus or a trip out west to get ready for a hike I might not be able to even make. Long story short short ...I (we've) decided to travel to Damascus in May for Trail Days.

Otherwise things are going as well as can be expected. Have a follow-up appt with cardiologist this week to talk over a lot of stuff.

We're cheering for ya, buddy. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed View Post
    Just got this from 'Slogger:

Still going at the rehab thing full bore. I'm either going to get better or kill myself - - I'm leaning more toward the getting better side myself.

Bugs me that I won't be heading out to the PCT kick-off party this year but I can't do it all and I had to chose between my 5 year AT thru anniversary at Trail Days in Damascus or a trip out west to get ready for a hike I might not be able to even make. Long story short short ...I (we've) decided to travel to Damascus in May for Trail Days.

Otherwise things are going as well as can be expected. Have a follow-up appt with cardiologist this week to talk over a lot of stuff.

We're cheering for ya, buddy. Keep up the good work.
    Woohoo! Excellent news indeed!

Thanks for passing that along, Two Speed.

"Slogger and BAT, look me up - I'll be selling book in a tent with AWOL and AT Troll in the vendor area. Toots, I would really enjoy seeing your living face, '03 brother. If Nurse Ratchet (And BAT!) approves, I'll hug your battle-scarred neck.
    "The Ordinary Adventurer"
    http://www.FunFreedom.com

Images

Very good news !

Thanks for reporting !

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: Dino seen happy dancing :::

Images

I have been out of the loop for a little while, but I am so glad you are doing better. I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope to see you out there in the near future. Good luck and happy healing.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Glad to hear you are doing better Footslogger. Keep up the good work with the rehab.

Hang in. Surviving the LAD MI is not a small feat. When I told my wife where you'd ended up in the ER, it drew an eye-roll. She remembers it as the place where we did an 180 in a blizzard and ended up driving down the highway backwards on snow pack. She ended up in the ER in Frisco once with acute mountain sickness, and that was an emergency ride to Denver for us...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
++ New Posts ++