WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Default Erwin Hiking Center update

The plans for moving Miss Janet's House to a new location are no more. While I still believe that the Erwin Hiking Center project had a tremendous potential; I just could not make it happen.

The property that I have been working on for several months suddenly became "unavailable". This was the fourth possible location that I have offered a lease proposal or a purchase plan for in the past 5 months. I am done. Exhausted emotionally from the constant roller coaster of planning, excitement and denial. Exhausted physically from nearly constant insomnia. I have just ran out of options. I am heartbroken right now and I think that a few of you might be able to understand this... some of you will have no idea how important this project has been to me.

Hikers coming through Erwin will find a variety of good services available. They will be fine. I really hope the best for the class of 2008. Please let people know that I will NOT be in the house on Elm Street. I will be trying to sell this house and I will not be available for visitors. Please respect that I must now concentrate on selling this house and trying to figure out what to do with my life.

In a few weeks I will post a list of things I have available that still can be used. If you know of any other hostels with particular needs let me know. I will not be able to afford to store them for very long and I would rather know they are going to be used.

I appreciate all the love and support and assistance that I have gotten from the AT community over the past 10 years. You will not be forgotten! I will miss all of you so much!

Images

This is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Do you have to stay in Erwin?
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Bummer Miss J. Sounds like it's time for a ------- road trip!!!

I'm not worried about you one bit. One door closes and another WILL open; I'm as sure of that as anything in this life. It may not happen in Erwin but soon you will end up where you need to be. I honestly believe that; there is somewhere even better waiting for you! Come visit Colorado!

Images

OK, now I am SAD!
    Curse you Perry the Platypus!

Oh Miss J, I am so sorry to hear that. I know how much you were looking forward to this working out. ~hugs~

Images

That's a shame, Miss Janet.

Don't worry, you'll land on your feet.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

MJ - not sure if this part of it is in your interest, but the trail would love you. And the hikers. Open arms for you from Springer to Katahdin.
    Peace and much love girl.

I am so sorry to hear this Miss Janet. You are a passionate, strong and resourceful woman. I am sure you will be okay. I will be praying for you.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Well that just ****ing blows. Miss Janet, you'll wind up in the right place at the right time, I'm convinced of it. Good vibes being sent to you from all of us at WB!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

I am so sorry, Miss Janet. I know how you have poured yourself into this center getting up and running. I truely believe, as others have said, that good things will come from all of this, although I know it doesn't seem that way right now. Your hard work and big heart WILL NOT go unnoticed. There are better things ahead for you. PLEASE know our thoughts are with you. KEEP SMILING!!
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

miss j., i am so sorry. there is something wrong with those people...
    you will be able to fulfill your dream, that i am sure! keep your chin up
    lots of hugs....
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Images

I'm so sorry to hear the bad news, Miss Janet. Best wishes for a lucrative sale of the house...
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

Almost There is holdin' back the tears....I'm sorry Ms. J. something good is gonna happen to ya'....You have too much good karma stored up in the bank!
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Janet - it may be cliche, but things have a reason and a purpose. Sometimes they don't work out as we hoped and wished, but it doesn't mean that it's not meant to be if you really want it. Take time to rest, you've earned it. When it's time to focus again on your ideas, you'll know it. Good luck.

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

I'm sorry Miss J.....so sorry.

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Don't worry Miss J. It might just need some time, the right opportunity, and right investor. You took away enough time and energy to look after us hikers. You probably need a vacation, and pamper yourself.

Why don't you come out with me and Mtn Squid for maintenance. It helps me with my ordeals of life (...work). Then we will have a day of Hardcore up in between Iron Mtn Gap and Cherry Gap.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Default So sorry!

Miss Janet, tho I've never met you, I feel like I know you. Best of luck! Don't give up!! This is just a bump in the trail. And I hope I'm there on opening day of the Erwin Hiking Center!

Lazarus/David

Images

Miss Janet - I can only imagine how heartbroken and stressed you are right now. The kids and I really enjoyed your company, even if it was just for a short ride. Rhiannon still uses the bamboo hiking pole you gave her. I'm sure that in time everything will work out for the best. We look forward to seeing you again. Now go take a long, hot bubble bath.
    We'll have to go out through the kitchen.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Miss Janet, tho I've never met you, I feel like I know you. Best of luck! Don't give up!! This is just a bump in the trail. And I hope I'm there on opening day of the Erwin Hiking Center!

Lazarus/David
    My sentiments, also. Sending lots of love your way!!
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

WWW/Pennauwelwndam Gohkos / Donating Member
    Images

Really sorry to hear this sad news Miss Janet. I like so many others believe when the time is right the Erwin Hiking Center will flurish. Get the much needed rest and do something for yourself. In time, you will develope a renewed vision for greater things to come and witha a renewed vigor persue that dream. You are a tough and sweet lady and can handle this little walk through the valley to reach the mountain top.
    OWL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++