WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: Dino peeks over trifocals at Ed and Warraghy and is just glad WB's co-owner is finally getting to thru-hike :::

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    ::: Dino peeks over trifocals at Ed and Warraghy and is just glad WB's co-owner is finally getting to thru-hike :::
    It's also kind of fun to watch Dino and Dixi toil. Although in exchange for the entertainment I feel like I owe them each one moderate home improvement (see porch, deck, room remodel) for the sake of good Karma.
    Plus I'd likely to a bullet for either of them (in a non-vital organ of course).
    There is of course the outside chance that I will be heading down the Mahoosuc Arm about the time Rock is climbing out. He'll likely be spent. So I'll just stand there in his way like a very vacuous south going Zax.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    I..... a very vacuous south going Zax.
    Hey, I resemble that remark.

It's also kind of fun to watch Dino and Dixi toil. Although in exchange for the entertainment I feel like I owe them each one moderate home improvement (see porch, deck, room remodel) for the sake of good Karma.
    Plus I'd likely to a bullet for either of them (in a non-vital organ of course).
    There is of course the outside chance that I will be heading down the Mahoosuc Arm about the time Rock is climbing out. He'll likely be spent. So I'll just stand there in his way like a very vacuous south going Zax.
    LOL... well alrighty then. Hey ya know I've got this one bathroom I've been thinking about remodeling...

Quote Originally Posted by dixicritter View Post
    That just means that your request has to be approved, which has now been done.

Come on folks, we're trying to make as many folks happy as humanly possible. We know we can't ever make everyone happy, we understand that. How about giving us a break here. Please?
    I understand why this is happening, and I feel for you guys, really I do, but I am dissappointed in this solution. An era has passed.

LOL... well alrighty then. Hey ya know I've got this one bathroom I've been thinking about remodeling...

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    I understand why this is happening, and I feel for you guys, really I do, but I am dissappointed in this solution. An era has passed.
    start a new website

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    start a new website
    Call it 'Scratch and Claw for Free.'

. . . dotnet

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    start a new website
    Yeah, I know. There was a reason why this one was so much more popular than certain others, that's all I'm saying. History has shown us that keeping feathers unruffled by keeping voices muffled usually only works for a while....

Yeah, I know. There was a reason why this one was so much more popular than certain others, that's all I'm saying. History has shown us that keeping feathers unruffled by keeping voices muffled usually only works for a while....
    It also show's us that having a key is the best way to get in a door and those without a key either don't want to go in or aren't entrusted to that door.

No one is muffling voices here bfitz. Let's not start bickering about this, please.

you can still go to the toilet and talk your political crap

No one is muffling voices here bfitz.
    Actually, let me rephrase that, because I know someone is going to come back at me for that comment...

What we're trying to do is get WhiteBlaze back to the topic of Hiking, which is what it should be about in the first and foremost. Wouldn't you agree with that? All the rest is just icing on the cake, and frankly, no really necessary, but we've allowed it to be here to make our users happy.

It also show's us that having a key is the best way to get in a door and those without a key either don't want to go in or aren't entrusted to that door.
    The key to the ballot box used to be landownership.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Not to mention, being male and white.

Images

I get the gist of your point bfitz, but the mission statement here does not leave room for the political/world/sensitive forums that have been created. Pay to play in these off-topic forums was the decision. It's a small amount, and for those who spend a good bit of time here, fair.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    We saw how well that worked out.

Time to cough it up Fitz. If you want to play you need to pay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Time to cough it up Fitz. If you want to play you need to pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by ed bell View Post
    I get the gist of your point bfitz, but the mission statement here does not leave room for the political/world/sensitive forums that have been created. Pay to play in these off-topic forums was the decision. It's a small amount, and for those who spend a good bit of time here, fair.
    Fair, and I'm happy to pay, except you know we aren't just talking to eachother. What's the point of putting on the show if there's no audience?

I'm not mad or anything, and not trying to get people fired up or start up some rancor..I really do get it, but my point is little bit more constructive than you might think...because some folks just can't handle themselves in an argument, any argument, and that's a fact of life. The problem has nothing to do with the topic, it has to do with people's inability to handle themselves online. I cite any non-subscription thread about guns, dogs, shelters, trail magic etc. etc. plus, everyone knows poolitics and religion are facts of life and the trail.

Anyhow, the anti-rancor brigade will be clamoring for someone's head on a plate soon enough because they ruffled someones feathers on a nonpolitical topic. This change will make the mods life more difficult in the end because they now know that if something offends them they can complain about it and get results.

Again, I'd like to see the problems faced by the mods regarding this issue diminish, but people are people. You can change the topic but you can't change the person, if you know what I mean...(even now, dixie is so fed up with all the arguing she's crossing her fingers and praying "please god don't let them get started arguing about this, too, I have enough problems...." and that's my point. I know how it got to this and I'm truly sympathetic. The moderators job is thankless and nigh impossible, you won't please eveyone ever, but you gotta look out for your own sanity and IMHO there really are only two choices here. Complete oversight of every post (a heck of a lot of work, drove old wingfoot to his site's demise...) or laissez-faire let em post what they want and ban the most vile troublemakers from the site forever. I hope whiteblaze is successful in what it is trying to accomplish here, and I' sure you'll see me in the WB political beergarden with my ID card, but you know, I'm really just trying to be helpful. Anyone who runs any website with 15000 plus members is going to have these problems galore, and WB is only getting bigger....

My point is the "solution" is reactionary, and won't save anyone a lick of work in the end.
    Last edited by bfitz; 02-23-2008 at 17:55. Reason: Added last sentence....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++