WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    I moved it there.

Now you gotta pay to see the reaction.
    Heh heh.

I only pay CASH for everything for the last 3 years. (I will be completely a debt free homeowner in just a few months.

So, It'll take some time for my donation to process. See you then, Skids.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    when approval is denied are their set specific reasons you do so and do you release such info? could access be deniedto these forums for being a rude abrasive near incitefull treasonist natzi? if so that would limit the enrollment.
    when approval is approved I would do the same. I'd bet a rude incitefull treasonist natzi has been denied access before and limits to access have limited the enrollments at limited times.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    Heh heh.

I only pay CASH for everything for the last 3 years. (I will be completely a debt free homeowner in just a few months.

Oh. BTW... I have inside info on the Clinton campaign headquarters fire but you cannot have it!

Cheers!

Images

Heh heh.

Send a money order. Done and done.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ed bell View Post
    Send a money order. Done and done.
    PM sent.

this thread turnes off anyone who sees it whos not a hiker weirdo computer neard. thats why i think we loose alot of input. we are a joke. between the pussyfooting and the wineing. man were week. sugestion,...no more sugestions. the moderators arent gods. they dont need praise from a bowed down position. they cant hurt you. they have no power. this site is gotten very very very old and tiering. thank you all for pointing it out so so so clearly to me. im deciding if ive had it with alot of you. im joining mala and lwolf . this whole modern age of the trail is wrong. a bunch of litterbug posers and wannabe critisizers. us real hikers know who we are and were not the heart of this site. the dummys may be im starting to worry. im very harsh because i care. i also enjoy whitblaze and am thankfull to the moderaters. however,..im only as thankfull as i am reading or partisipating in say,... a free newspaper. i dont need to donate to this site and neither do any of you. if we do its a gift not anything else. its a gift that was asked for like any sugessted donation box. ms is my dear friend and its lame to concern yourself with his giving. this place has cult overtones of cultwannabeism. weve lost respected participation from our elders and peers from this sites lack of depth. chit chats fin. meaness is fun. all exspressions are cool when mixed. not when seperated into critical coments made to tare others down. way way way too many fools here. i gotta sleep on this and decide if im not just casting pearls of my wisdom onto hikerswine. goodnight moon. angry mat out.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by dixicritter View Post
    Update....

The Group membership registration link is now fixed in the UserCP so y'all can quit PMing me directly for admission (please...). However there is still a wait to get into the group as your join request will have to be approved so please be patient as currently I am the only one here approving these requests until Attroll gets back from vacation next week.

Thank you for understanding.
    Of course I didn't see this until I PM'ed you. Sorry!

Peace Matty.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Peace Matty.
    Well said.
    I gave up after the first sentence.

Everyone should donate, even if you don't read the political nonsense. It's what, 10 bucks? I spend that much on lunch every day.

Agreed. Mine's on it's way.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    I gave up after the first sentence.
    Most do.

Unfortunately.

Unfortunately.
    too bad he may have had a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    too bad he may have had a good point.
    That's what I was thinking as I read it. Cuts right to the core of what's real.

Images

Unfortunately.
    I hung in there. He is missing the point about the donations to this site. The general content that is the heart and soul of this site is still as free as ever. The free exchange of ideas relative to the AT and backpacking and gear and ect. are there for everyone. The only change is that the Admin has decided that subscription forums have more restrictions than before. Those forums are not what this site is about, but some members on this site find value in them. Fine by me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ed bell View Post
    I hung in there. He is missing the point about the donations to this site. The general content that is the heart and soul of this site is still as free as ever. The free exchange of ideas relative to the AT and backpacking and gear and ect. are there for everyone. The only change is that the Admin has decided that subscription forums have more restrictions than before. Those forums are not what this site is about, but some members on this site find value in them. Fine by me.
    You were here before me Ed. Not by much but you must know WHY the subscription forums were created in the first place, right?

I have sent the donation in. That said.

There was "no pay per forum" before those forums were created so HOW can simply making them "donation only" not cause a regression to the way things were before they were created? What is the reasoning. What are the motives here? I don't get it?

Could it be to get rid of the occasional racist trolls like we have had recently? Maybe. But they all go away eventually.

IMO, It really was not a good move. We'll see. Get your popcorn ready!

Images

You were here before me Ed. Not by much but you must know WHY the subscription forums were created in the first place, right?

I have sent the donation in. That said.

There was "no pay per forum" before those forums were created so HOW can simply making them "donation only" not cause a regression to the way things were before they were created? What is the reasoning. What are the motives here? I don't get it?

Could it be to get rid of the occasional racist trolls like we have had recently? Maybe. But they all go away eventually.

IMO, It really was not a good move. We'll see. Get your popcorn ready!
    I hear you Austexs. I don't have all the answers to your questions. I'm sure that the moderators will continue to move threads to "sensitive" and "politics" as usual. I have already seen some members attempt to introduce non-AT subject matter to the regular forums. Problem is that they know they can't utilize the non-AT forums. That will be a problem IMO. If the main focus here gets back to the AT and backpacking, that won't be all bad. The question is what happens when the guns, dogs, trail politics, type threads "disappear" from the non donating crowd.

Images

question this may be off topic, but i'm putting it here since its about some of the changes and this may have been here for a while and i'm just now noticing, but why are some members name green and some blue?
    Gaiter
    homepage.mac.com/thickredhair
    web.mac.com/thickredhair/AT_Fall_07

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiter View Post
    question this may be off topic, but i'm putting it here since its about some of the changes and this may have been here for a while and i'm just now noticing, but why are some members name green and some blue?
    It looks as if the donating members are Green and non-donating members are blue.

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    this thread turnes off anyone who sees it whos not a hiker weirdo computer neard. thats why i think we loose alot of input. we are a joke. between the pussyfooting and the wineing. man were week. sugestion,...no more sugestions. the moderators arent gods. they dont need praise from a bowed down position. they cant hurt you. they have no power. this site is gotten very very very old and tiering. thank you all for pointing it out so so so clearly to me. im deciding if ive had it with alot of you. im joining mala and lwolf . this whole modern age of the trail is wrong. a bunch of litterbug posers and wannabe critisizers. us real hikers know who we are and were not the heart of this site. the dummys may be im starting to worry. im very harsh because i care. i also enjoy whitblaze and am thankfull to the moderaters. however,..im only as thankfull as i am reading or partisipating in say,... a free newspaper. i dont need to donate to this site and neither do any of you. if we do its a gift not anything else. its a gift that was asked for like any sugessted donation box. ms is my dear friend and its lame to concern yourself with his giving. this place has cult overtones of cultwannabeism. weve lost respected participation from our elders and peers from this sites lack of depth. chit chats fin. meaness is fun. all exspressions are cool when mixed. not when seperated into critical coments made to tare others down. way way way too many fools here. i gotta sleep on this and decide if im not just casting pearls of my wisdom onto hikerswine. goodnight moon. angry mat out.
    Don't be angry mat,
    or a natty bat,
    over a little spat,
    that sometimes goes splat.

I wrote a few lines,
    to talk about these times,
    and some of the crimes,
    and so it rhymes,
    and gets over the climbs,
    sometimes.

I hereby dedicate my poem to mat,
    who's own words inspired,