WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Yea, he has one more gear than the rest of us.

Egads
    Right!

Overdrive, apparently.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Thumbs up

I agree with John; this is a tough little hike!!! I enjoyed the fog mixed with sunlight . The weather wasn't great but it did have it's moments. Beautiful sunrise this morning up above the clouds!!
    I had to bail out this morning and didn't complete the hike, but that only gives me something else to get done! A special thanks to Reeper for having an easy out for us!!! John, Youngblood,Reeper, Baerman,Phreak is was a pleasure to meet and hike with you all.
    Moses

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmountainman View Post
    I agree with John; this is a tough little hike!!! I enjoyed the fog mixed with sunlight . The weather wasn't great but it did have it's moments. Beautiful sunrise this morning up above the clouds!!
    I had to bail out this morning and didn't complete the hike, but that only gives me something else to get done! A special thanks to Reeper for having an easy out for us!!! John, Youngblood,Reeper, Baerman,Phreak is was a pleasure to meet and hike with you all.
    Hey, I am glad you went. Gave me somebody to pace me because if would have tried to keep up with Baerman and Youngblood, I'd have blown out this thigh muscle a long time before Coosa. Those guys are in much better shape than me for sure.

Join us over at hammockforums.net if you are serious about trying out the hammock thing. While I know you enjoyed that tent in those winds up there last night, it sure looked heavy. Keep me posted on your hikes. we are close enough to do some day hikes on weekends.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    Right!

Overdrive, apparently.
    I was thinking maybe one or two gears above overdrive.

Images

Skids, TS, and/or any others: let me know when you guys are planning another trip on the Coosa. I'm planning on speed hiking the DRT sometime soon and can plan to do it when you guys are going to be out there. I can hike the DRT, then backtrack to where you guys are camping on the Coosa.

Journal Entries
    Images

I enjoyed the fog mixed with sunlight . The weather wasn't great but it did have it's moments. Beautiful sunrise this morning up above the clouds!!
    all.
    Oh yeah, the sunrise this morning was spectacular. I just hate my camera wouldn't focus this morning. I started researching this and this particular camera doesn't do well at temps below 40*F. i guess I should have slept with it last night to keep it warm. The pics are posted here but are a bit blurry.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
    Skids, TS, and/or any others: let me know when you guys are planning another trip on the Coosa. I'm planning on speed hiking the DRT sometime soon and can plan to do it when you guys are going to be out there. I can hike the DRT, then backtrack to where you guys are camping on the Coosa.
    Sure thing, Phreak.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Phreak I'm planning on speed hiking the DRT sometime soon

It sounds like another fox & hound hike. Count me in.

Egads
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
    Skids, TS, and/or any others: let me know when you guys are planning another trip on the Coosa . . .
    Ya know, I just wanna meet you. Don't want to hike with you, ain't no way I'd make that kind of velocity, but I just got to meet the phreak that can hike the Coosa in under 4 hours. That just ain't natural.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Phreak I'm planning on speed hiking the DRT sometime soon

It sounds like another fox & hound hike. Count me in.

Egads
    Whew, these fox & hound hikes sound brutal.

Anyway, we've got one cool thing going on: geting a pretty regular WB hike in that area. Skids, we're gonna have to stop being twinkies and give the DRT a "look see" pretty soon.

Thanks John for getting this hike organized, it was alot of fun. The weather wasn't great, but it could've been alot worse. It was great meeting and hiking with John,Youngblood,BloodMtnMan & Reeper and watching Phreak blow by. Hope John & BloodMtnman feel better and heal up quick. Hope to hike with ya'll again.

Baerman

Oh yeah thanks again to Reeper for the campfire when we arrived in camp!!

Default Great trip

That was just what I needed. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Maybe next time the wood want be so wet..........LOL But it still turned out to be a great trip!!!!! My pleasure on the truck stop, no since in overdoing it. Been there done that.. Nice Temps too. Made for a great nights sleep!!!! I will say it was cold when we let the fire go out......

Also, as always it was a pleasure to see Suzi, Maggie and Smoke on the trail

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Baerman View Post
    Thanks John for getting this hike organized, it was alot of fun. The weather wasn't great, but it could've been alot worse. It was great meeting and hiking with John,Youngblood,BloodMtnMan & Reeper and watching Phreak blow by. Hope John & BloodMtnman feel better and heal up quick. Hope to hike with ya'll again.

Baerman

Oh yeah thanks again to Reeper for the campfire when we arrived in camp!!
    Glad you could make it. A real special thanks does need to go out to Reeper for the campfire. It was nice to have on Saturday. But we all know those chops where what caused that thing to be stoked up on top of that mountain. maybe we can all get together and make Youngblood's get together at Whitley Gap Shelter the last weekend in March. A nice short hike in if that is what you want. Or you could come in from Neels for a nice 9 miler that day. I have to work that Saturday so if I go I will be coming in from Hogpen late Saturday afternoon.

Question Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Reeper View Post
    That was just what I needed. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Maybe next time the wood want be so wet..........LOL But it still turned out to be a great trip!!!!! My pleasure on the truck stop, no since in overdoing it. Been there done that.. Nice Temps too. Made for a great nights sleep!!!! I will say it was cold when we let the fire go out......

Also, as always it was a pleasure to see Suzi, Maggie and Smoke on the trail
    Hey Reeper; Got any pictures to post? It sucks not having a digital camara! Hope to get one if I get a Government check!!!!!
    Moses

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey Reeper; Got any pictures to post? It sucks not having a digital camara! Hope to get one if I get a Government check!!!!!
    Check over on my gallery. I posted the few I had.

Sent you a PM Bloodmountain man. I'll try to put them in my gallery tonight also.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++