WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Images

Pop Quiz Time:

Bill Bryson is a _____________.

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Default Bill Bryson is a ___! Well, he might be...

But Robert Redford sure isn't!
    I would go see the movie just to see him and I bet there are a lot of women out there... of a certain age... that will agree!!

So, guys,it may be more WOMEN out there after the movie!!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by halibut15 View Post
    Pop Quiz Time:

Bill Bryson is a _____________.
    Nice to see someone close to home on here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Janet View Post
    I would go see the movie just to see him and I bet there are a lot of women out there... of a certain age... that will agree!!

Woohoo!
    Let's go to the premier, Janet.
    I have a boa.
    "The Ordinary Adventurer"
    http://www.FunFreedom.com

count me in liteshoe and missj....
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

HenMovie - I'm in

Images

Brazen hiker chicks. Gotta love 'em.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Remember how many new people started getting on organized climbing trips AFTER large numbers of people died doing the same kind of trip?

I think there will be lots of people that go "bears, snakes, hillbillies, rain, snow, bugs, heavy packs??... COOL!"
    Ya, you're probably right. Wishful thinking on my part I guess....
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

If Redford does this movie, I'm there!! I won't like what it does to the AT, but I'll be one of the first to go and see it.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Robert Redford is old enough to be my grandfather...and may in fact be the same age as my grandfather. Nonetheless, I have a huge crush on him and have for years... and I agree- I'd go see the movie just for him!
    Two Beers.

HenMovie - I'm in
    Yup.
    ad astra per aspera

Having Jack show up wearing his "Bill Bryson is a candy ass..." shirt would be funny. Really funny if it showed up in the movie.

Looking for a comfortable cave to habitate jrwiesz's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    =====================================

They've asked me to play Newman's role but I'd have to shave my beard. I told them I'd rather be an "extra"

'Slogger
    Did they have anybody in mind for the, "Mooning the Cog" parts?
    "For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by jrwiesz View Post
    Did they have anybody in mind for the, "Mooning the Cog" parts?
    any 'ol pseudo-hippy lib will do. refreeman

Images

Quote Originally Posted by john30563 View Post
    Just great, Lone Wolf, you 'd better get some more shelters built!!
    Naw, I'd be working on getting the "Lemonaide stands" ready.

There's nickle$ to be made on this one!
    "For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nearly Normal View Post
    Having Jack show up wearing his "Bill Bryson is a candy ass..." shirt would be funny. Really funny if it showed up in the movie.
    While he's "mooning the Cog"!
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Almost There View Post
    You guys are all being Eeyors!!! Doom and gloom. Remember there are alot of people who will see the movie, but the thought of being out for months, or quitting their jobs and giving up their creature comforts...C'mon, you might see a rise, but many will figure out by Neels Gap that it isn't for them. Most of the trail won't see any spikes. You might see more dayhikers, but isn't awareness of trail issues a good thing? Decide what you want, you can't have it all.
    And also just because someone doesn't live and breathe for the AT and if they decide to hike it after seeing this movie (A VERY BIG IF) who's to say that they won't become stewards of the trail as well. And the AT doesn't belong to only people who hike it, it belongs to everyone. If they are irresponsible and wreck the trail, it is our job, if we truly love and respect it, to maintain it, no matter what. The concept of public lands is just that; land belonging to the public, not land belonging to those who are really cool and know how to live off of the land and have been hiking for 37 yrs and have 400 pairs of boots and live in the woods and etc.....I hate to sound like a grumpy Gus but geez I am a weekend warrior and I deserve to hike it as much as anyone who has thru hiked 14 times and knows the CEO of The North Face and was a Yosemite Backcountry Ranger. Lets just continue to enjoy 2175 miles of the most beautiful country God has put on our planet.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gldwings1 View Post
    And also just because someone doesn't live and breathe for the AT and if they decide to hike it after seeing this movie (A VERY BIG IF) who's to say that they won't become stewards of the trail as well. And the AT doesn't belong to only people who hike it, it belongs to everyone. If they are irresponsible and wreck the trail, it is our job, if we truly love and respect it, to maintain it, no matter what. The concept of public lands is just that; land belonging to the public, not land belonging to those who are really cool and know how to live off of the land and have been hiking for 37 yrs and have 400 pairs of boots and live in the woods and etc.....I hate to sound like a grumpy Gus but geez I am a weekend warrior and I deserve to hike it as much as anyone who has thru hiked 14 times and knows the CEO of The North Face and was a Yosemite Backcountry Ranger. Lets just continue to enjoy 2175 miles of the most beautiful country God has put on our planet.
    Well Said!!

Let's hope the movie won't be another "Continental Divide" type flick(John Belushi movie). Or another "The Clearing." Phew, barely got thru that one with Redford.

Here's what I want: A remake of Jeremiah Johnson with Redford playing the part of the older mountain man("Is that rabbit cooking on the fire?" Redford: "Why? Grown part-i-cu-lar?").

I'd use someone like Christian Bale to play the Jeremiah part(or anyone who could pull off a full beard and buckskins), and then flesh out the roles with other interesting characters. (Brad Pitt in a full beard and buckskins wouldn't hurt, either--think "Legends of the Fall" in the end battling the big grizzly). Or heck, just get Doug Seus(Bart the Bear fame)to play all the roles.

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nearly Normal View Post
    Sure would be funny if they shot it during the peak thru season.
    Real hikers told they can't hike or camp where ever. I'd like to see that.

They probably won't use very much of the AT, only where they can drive to it and park all kinds of trailers.

In true motion picture economic fashion, they will film most of this on the West Coast or up in Canada and claim it's the East Coast. Significant amounts will be filmed on sound stages. They will come to the AT just to get some "real" flavor into the mix.

I see a huge thread on WB where we all have fun dissecting the film one frame at a time.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++