WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Images

Why not 59? Why even try to beat the supported record unsupported? Though it isn't even an official record, unless someone can find Ward Leonard and he can vouche for it.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Quote Originally Posted by Freeleo View Post
    why not just shoot for "46 days" for the record? give your self a few days off here and there
    46 days unsupported can't be done

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

70+ miles in northern NE, now there's a good one for you. Good luck, but I say no way Jose, I'll buy you lunch sometime if you can manage to do 2 straight days of 70+ miles down south.

Kirby

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    OK COWBOY, and there have only been a few times that I have wished to have the PMs back that I sent to you. If you still have them and have it in you to bare the hear you've got my blessing. God knows if I hadn't deleted them everyone would be reading them right now.
    I add Wolf's link because that is where I first took notice of a soul who I could feel for, someone hiking the trail with the memory of their mom. You pulled us in with those heart strings. As you'll see on that link I was the last entry and that is when we began PMing.
    There are so many folk that come into our lives here but your story was so compelling I was willing to take the time to help. And Oh my time did you take, copious amounts of my time answering hiking questions and trail questions as if you were a relative newbie.
    And after numerous lengthy PMs in which I thought I was helping a good person you drop the 30 day AT hike concept - knowing that nothing I had just spent my time advising you with could remotely be helpful for that kind of hike, not gear, not nutrition, nothing. You just wasted my time, you bastardize the trail and the memory of your mom through your dishonesty and left me feeling like a duped moron.
    It wasn't until a couple days after this that you took this concept to the rest of the WB community.
    Someone who had integrity in this endeavor fist off wouldn't be out there talking about it, they'd talk about it after, and second would know it was so unlikely (see impossible for someone who advertised themselves as a newbie) that they would talk about it AFTER they had accomplished it.
    You invoked your passed Mother's name to gain this ridiculous attention for yourself and it all just smells, bad.
    The fact that he will not answer this post says a lot. To me it's beyond disrespectful. Add to that the crying about how "mean" people are being to him and you are left with an obvious manipulator. I won't wish Lonnie luck, yet I wish him no ill-will. To echo another poster, the time for talk, advice and pity is over. Put up or shut up. Hats off to warraghiyagey for reaching out to someone and helping them with one on one advice.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Images

Cowboy,

I froze your mileage plans on your video interview and you've planned this like a walk in the park with almost perfect 70-something mile days every day. No way you'll do 72 mile days through the first and last 400 miles of the trail and there's some other sections like PA you'll find most interesting trying to keep a 5 mph pace and not breaking an ankle/foot. And there ain't no way you'll do it unsupported needing to get and carry water and get to stores to buy and carry 15000+ cal worth of food per day. Just not realistic man.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Guys guys, it's ok.

Don't judge him, he's going to do it!

After all:

"I was born in Tennesee, so walking in the mountains is nothing"

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Images

Dude,

There is a scene in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

Tocco: When it is time to shoot, shoot - don't talk

It applies here. When it is time to hike, hike - don't talk.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Guy's name (it was Eli Wallach) was Tuco, not Tocco, but the Sarge has a point.

I'm the man on the mountain, come on up.....
    Images

Default who could do it in 30 days

does anyone think a navy seal could accomplish a thru in 30 days unsupported....maybe that guy on the survival show?

anyone have any realistic considerations, besides the cowboy

does anyone think a navy seal could accomplish a thru in 30 days unsupported....maybe that guy on the survival show?

no it's not possible. especially not unsupported, my best guess is that this guy likes the attention.

Hey, I'm all for a guy having goals and all, but...they do need to be tempered with reality. Having said that, good luck to the Cowboy.

My question is why is 30 days the goal? Even if you could achieve something like this, where would be the enjoyment of it? You would have your head down so much just grunting out miles that you would completely miss out on what the Trail is there for, IMHO.

Images

I'll take palmer or horton over a navy seal any day.

Images

Cowboy, let me try to put this in perspective for you if I may.

Imagine that you just joined a Bulletin Board for power lifters and you start a few threads asking newbie questions like, "What kind of wrist wraps do you use? or, "What's the best brand of bench press shirt?" and, "Do you use a thumbless grip?"

Then, a few days later, you announce that you are going to break the current world record bench press of 1,010 lbs. And you're going to double it and go for 2,020 lbs. 'Cause you promised your Mother.

Needless to say, the members of such a forum would react with incredulity.

Essentially, you've stuck your head up your ass and now you're sniveling about the **** in your hair.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Guy's name (it was Eli Wallach) was Tuco, not Tocco, but the Sarge has a point.
    I stand corrected then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUslGSoEH8I

Great movie.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post

Imagine that you just joined a Bulletin Board for power lifters and you start a few threads asking newbie questions like, "What kind of wrist wraps do you use? or, "What's the best brand of bench press shirt?" and, "Do you use a thumbless grip?"

Then, a few days later, you announce that you are going to break the current world record bench press of 1,010 lbs. And you're going to double it and go for 2,020 lbs. 'Cause you promised your Mother.

Essentially, you've stuck your head up your ass and now you're sniveling about the **** in your hair.
    Now that is perspective

hat's off to Skidsteer....perfect.

not no, but **** no!

Images

Do you mean a real Navy SEAL or one of the thousands of wannabees that claim to have been one.

My guess is if a real Navy SEAL did it, he would never tell anyone.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

How disturbingly eloquent. Actually, spot on, Skids! Bravo.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    Do you mean a real Navy SEAL or one of the thousands of wannabees that claim to have been one.

My guess is if a real Navy SEAL did it, he would never tell anyone.
    If he was serious about observing OPSEC he'd never say a word. You'd never know the man was there.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++