WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Long Trail Festival - Aug 15-18, 2008 - Rutland, VT

Did someone ask about dates for the Long Trail Festival in 2008? This original thread caught my eye but now I can't find it. Anyway, I was interested too so I emailed the organizers/web moderator (found the email address on the website http://www.longtrailfestivalvt.com/) to find the dates and they said Aug 15-18, 2008.
    Hope this helps whomever asked - and sorry if this post is repetitive to something else. I promise I looked around first but couldn't find it!!

The guy who is principally responsible for the Long Trail Festival is a great guy (also a former thru-hiker and a present ALDHA Board member) named Wayne Krevetski.

Anyone who needs more info than what's on the website, or anyone needing to get in touch with Wayne can PM me.

Images

That was me that originally asked about the 2008 dates. Thanks for taking the initiative and finding out. My wife and I may do a section from Hanover, NH to Manchester Center, VT this summer and figured we'd time it so we could attend the festival. Or we may not do that section because it looks like I may soon loose my job, in which case it will become my opportunity to attempt a thru hike. If that happens then my wife will join me for that section whenever I get there.
    Thanks again!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LIhikers View Post
    That was me that originally asked about the 2008 dates. Thanks for taking the initiative and finding out. My wife and I may do a section from Hanover, NH to Manchester Center, VT this summer and figured we'd time it so we could attend the festival. Or we may not do that section because it looks like I may soon loose my job, in which case it will become my opportunity to attempt a thru hike. If that happens then my wife will join me for that section whenever I get there.
    Thanks again!
    just a FYI, I did that exact section this summer. Photos in my gallery. Any questions, ask here or PM.

RUTLAND LONG TRAIL FESTIVAL ---Rutland,VT ---August 15,16,&17
    ***** " a trail days festival ...BUT in New England ! ! ...AND in August ! ! !
    Last year's was the first, and won acolades all around ( hiker & local,that is ) ,
    BUT ...this year's will be even BETTER ! SEE YOUY THERE .
    Happy Trails ! ----Red Wolf o'da Smoky's
    board member ALDHA & AT Museum.

Default Hardcore

Anyone know what day the trail maintenance work will be on? I'm guessing either Sunday or Monday but the long trail festival website doesn't mention it.

Images

If I'm in the area on my SOBO, I'll be there! Should be fun....

Hey, Lost Boy, GREETINGS ! ---per Mad Hatter, BOTH Sunday (8/17) AND Monday (19) will be the Rutland Hardcore work days.---SEE YALL THAR' ---Red Wolf o'da Smoky's.

Thanks! If everything works out I hope to be there. When I booked my plane tics for TrailDays this year I didn't know about Hardcore so I was unable to attend. Arggh! Glad I have a chance to redeem myself. Looking forward to it.

BooBoo

Great - Thanks Red Wolf!

Images

I expect I'll be somewhere between Glencliff and Rutland during this time. Is it worth getting a ride to this festival or should I just keep hiking? How difficult would it be to get a ride if I wanted to? Anyone from Glencliff heading that way?

Got my Amtrak tickets to Rutland ...Aug 15 and the Long Trail Festival will soon be upon us ! After the festival, I'm yellow-blazeing up to Gorham and Mt.Washington summit to do some time up there in the Presidential "high-country " !
    Really looking forward to that ---GOOD HIKEING TO ALL
    Happy Trails! ---Red Wolf o'da Smoky's .

Default Yes it's worth it. Yes Yes Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I expect I'll be somewhere between Glencliff and Rutland during this time. Is it worth getting a ride to this festival or should I just keep hiking? How difficult would it be to get a ride if I wanted to? Anyone from Glencliff heading that way?
    Hey RedHat, I'm a few weeks behind you (July 15th Start) and I am going to skip ahead to Rutland and then get back on. Last year's Festival was really great!

Anyone know details on Rutland Hardcore plans at the festival? Wonderin what the project(s) is/are? Had a blast at Kincora Hardcore, lookin forward to VT

[email protected]

As of last weekend Packrat (proprietor of the Hiker Hostel in Glencliff) plans on heading to the Long Trail fest.
    "There are people who plan and people who do, I'm a doer."

Images

Well, I may be heading for the festival in my car (since I'm back home in Texas). Plan to do some trail magic and see some friends.

Images

I'll be heading north to the Long Trail Festival about the 12th or 13th. My plan is to head over to Glencliff first and see if any hikers want a ride to the Festival. My July SOBO buddies should be in the area, and I can fit 4 folks (besides myself) in my car.

Images

I'll be heading north to the Long Trail Festival about the 12th or 13th. My plan is to head over to Glencliff first and see if any hikers want a ride to the Festival. My July SOBO buddies should be in the area, and I can fit 4 folks (besides myself) in my car.
    Wow, driving from Texas to VT for a feed, that's dedication..
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Wow, driving from Texas to VT for a feed, that's dedication..
    I'm pretty sure I'm driving from GA to attend but, I'll be visiting in NE and along the way. Oh, and it's not just a feed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm driving from GA to attend but, I'll be visiting in NE and along the way. Oh, and it's not just a feed!
    what is it exactly?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++