WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scary looking?

Images

Skip. Really scary people rarely skip.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    just be yourself and don't change your appearance in any way
    As usual, more wisdom in your simple advice than first meets the eye.

Now if I can only decide what my appearance is once and for all. Some of us have to work a little harder than others appearing too strange or changing too much, at least externally. Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised if we are cause more suspicion, but we might out of courtesy try to change our external appearance less often like you say, and at least try to be a little more predictable.

Small pink teddy bear on top of your pack facing backwards.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Try talking to yourself while waving your arms around. That will warm people up right away.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Small pink teddy bear on top of your pack facing backwards.
    After visualizing the total package I'm thinking that one might have the opposite effect.

As in "dessert" not "desert"

Quote Originally Posted by johnny quest View Post
    ive always had the problem of people thinking i was mad or disapproving. ive had several teachers and lecturers over the years stop in midsentence and ask me if i disagreed with what they were saying. i would always be taken by surprise and just respond that i was concentrating.
    A lot of that is body language. I used to cross my arms a lot during classroom lectures, just because it was comfortable for me. Then I realized that the lecturers thought I disagreed with them. I consciously stopped crossing my arms.

Crocatoeahh on the trail mlkelley's Avatar

Default Oh my....

So here's what I've got so far. After my plastic surgery I should skip down the trail backwards, wearing an Easter bunny costume and a floppy hat, with a pink teddy bear lashed to my pack, all the while talking to myself and waving my arms about. Well, this should prove to be a very intereting journey indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkelley View Post
    So here's what I've got so far. After my plastic surgery I should skip down the trail backwards, wearing an Easter bunny costume and a floppy hat, with a pink teddy bear lashed to my pack, all the while talking to myself and waving my arms about. Well, this should prove to be a very intereting journey indeed.
    Sweet. See ya on the trail!!!!

Crocatoeahh on the trail mlkelley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Sweet. See ya on the trail!!!!
    Well, I don't see how you could miss me!

Well, I don't see how you could miss me!
    By the way that might be the funniest post of the day. You basically just pantsed all of us!!

I just had to run that one out here again. Good stuff.

Images

I think you have stumbled upon the key for all those who have wondered how to guaranty solitude while hiking the AT.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Images

And now the bad news... this is a public forum... so anyone trolling for info on "how to be a hiker" and "how to not look scary" now has all the info they need...
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    I think you have stumbled upon the key for all those who have wondered how to guaranty solitude while hiking the AT.
    Unfortunately that solitude is found in an all white 10 by 10 room with a long coat and sleeves that wrap all the way around you and buckle down by your junk.

Images

I'm glad we can help. WB is the best source of useful hiking information in the planet. I suggest cutting holes on the floppy to extend the rabbit ears thereby completeing the non-threatening persona. Good luck on the hike.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

you could skip all that stuff and just finish every sentence you speak to others with the words "according to the prophecy."

Images

One time I was driving through town and a giant bunny waved at me.

Could've been around Easter, but, ya know, that's not a given.

Images

I checked out your TJ page too, and I must disagree...

Nah, you look pretty approachable

OMG, ROFLAO. I think we all needed that laugh, I'm at my desk trying to stifle a non-controlled giggle. And yes, I went to your TJ as well to see how scary you might be, now I have a real visual of this.

Images

I hate it that I missed out on all of this today, but I'd say skip all that other stuff and just go for a flower patterned sundress.

And maybe a nice straw hat
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++