WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There is a road about 1or 2 hours fromm bly gap but
    I would not leave a car there

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Isn't there a trail near Bly Gap that leads to a road? If so how far..
    Sly if you are hiking north and at the crooked oak tree at Bly Gap,go to the left and that old logging road will wind down the mountain to the west.It is about 2 miles and you will go past a forest service steel bar gate into a parking area.

It is accessable at this point with a car.From this parking area keep right down this forest service rd for about 2 miles into a secondary state rd.Turn right on this paved rd for about 3 miles and it will end at Eagle Fork Fire department.This was the original old 64 if you turn right or east the road goes through shooting creek community and ends into the new 64 at the bottom of the Chunky Gal Mtn.

At the Eagle Fork Fire dept if you turn left or west on the old 64 down to Giesky Creek rd,turn right 300 ft to new 64.Left 15 miles to Hayesville

Some time when you are around I could also show you another old logging rd that half way up the Chunky Gal Mtn on new 64 will go to Muskrat Creek Shelter.Then at the top of the Mtn the Chunky Gal Trail is well marked on new 64 to the A T north of the shelter oppx 1 mile.

These first two trails that I mentioned are in really bad condition.
    Last edited by Ron Haven; 01-25-2008 at 01:21.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++