WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends .

Mike

Images

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. I pray that the Lord gives all of you a peace that cannot be understood, and know that if what we all pray is not true is, that she is now getting to see beauty and feel joy that these bodies our souls reside in now, could not even understand.

Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

Ever since I heard about this situation, my wife and I have been lifting up the family, friends, and all the SAR, LEO, and volunteers associated with this situation in prayer..... We will continue to pray for comfort, understanding, and answers.

Jan and Randy

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. ABC News in Atlanta just stated that police believe that she is no longer alive.
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Springer to Elk Park, NC/Andover to Katahdin
    Images

My prayers and deepest sympathy go out to her family and friends.
    I am not young enough to know everything.

Journal Entries
    Images

My deepest sympathy to the Emerson family and to Meridith's friends. If I may be of any service whatsoever by lending a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen, then please send me a Personal Message via here at Whiteblaze.

I am purely clueless as to why someone has a need to commit such a horrible act against one of their fellow human beings?

WWW/Pennauwelwndam Gohkos / Donating Member
    Images

I to am like Sly and am at a loss for words. I have been following this tread as well as the news since the beginning and my heart is heavy with grief. None of us will ever be able to make since out of this great tragedy, but we can each seek a peace that pass all understanding from the Lord. My prayers are with the Emerson family and her friends as well as to those that have worked so diligently in the SAR and now in the recovery. But least we all forget, we need to also pray for the perpatrator as well.

i really truly don't know what to say....been sitting here all day listening to news reports..reading... hoping...praying she would be found...
    my deepest sympathy to the family and her friends.
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

There are no words that can convey my deepest sympathies or relieve that horrid and empty feeling from losing a close family member or friend.

I add my prayers to the many already said. There are no words. My sympathy and my prayers are offered.

My deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Meredith. Know that many are
    praying for you during this difficult time.

I have always considered the hiking family part of my own. I have never questioned the folks that I have seen on the trail. It saddens my heart to know that I need to look over my shoulder as well as look out for other folks on the trail. It has always been a place for me to get away and relax. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Emerson family at this time. Come this spring, I am sure that it will weigh heavily on my mind. For everyone hiking this year, I wish you Godspeed, and please be careful out there. As I mentioned before, we are a big family, and we need to look out for one another. This will not deter me from my goals, but it will give me a stonger sense of family while I am out there. Love to you all, and especially the Emerson family.

Hungry

My thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends of Meredith Emerson. May you find some comfort in God's hands. I was really hoping for her safe return. To the LEO's and those associated with the search, thank you for your efforts.

Images

Prayers for her family and friends. I work with one of her coworkers who thinks highly of her...
    nous défions

It's gonna be ok.

Ditch Medicine: wash your hands and keep your booger-pickers off your face!

Images

As Joseph told his brothers in Genesis 50, "what you intended for evil, God used for good (to save many)." I pray that the Emerson family will in some way, beyond our comprehension, be blessed by God through this ordeal. From a fellow hiker to a grieving family and friends, my heart and prayers are with you.

From a fellow hiker, a female, and a former SARdog handler - I'm devastated. My thoughts have not strayed far from Union County since this story broke. I will never understand man's capacity for evil toward his fellow man. I consider this not only an attack on a fellow hiker, but as an attack on all of us. Though I never had the priviledge of meeting her, I grieve with Meredith's family and friends (and poor Ella, too).

Images

From across The Pond, thoughts going out to the Emerson family and everyone else who has been touched by this awful situation.

Images

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Meredith.
    " You do your thing and I'll do mine"

My thoughts and prayers go out to Meredith's family and friends. My heart aches over their loss as a result of this senseless crime. I cannot fathom the pain felt by those close to Meredith. May God guide them through this difficult time.

May God comfort Meredith's family and friends. I pray with all my soul for Meredith.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++