WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Images

Now that you put it that way, I have heard good things about the Florida trail.

Images

Wait a minute ... you mean you haven't done that section at the NY/NJ line? It was a adrenaline rush in warm weather. It'll be a tad intense in winter. I would probably rope us up.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

You know its a good trip when Crampons are needed!!! What about Aldo - do they make mini-doggy-crampons !

Images

Just puting on this page so we dont need to jump from page 1 to 2 to see it.

Okay, lets do:

1)NY trip - Jan 10,11,12 - Sasquatch, what starting/finishing point do you need?

Whos in:
    -Sasquatch
    -Wrongway (& Hudson ?)
    -Doggiebag & Aldo
    -Slamajama
    -River1
    -Saimyoji ?
    - A-Train ?

2) Shenandoahs - Jan 17,18,19,20 - South Bound from the Northern End of the Shenandoahs.

Whos in:
    - Wrongway (& Hudson ?)
    -Doggiebag & Aldo
    -Daks 19,20th
    -Saimyoji ?

Also if going PM me the following:
    - Name
    - Cell phone number if you have one or home number
    - type/color vehicle your driving - had a waiting problem cause we didnt do this last time!

Only ones who will be given this info, if needed, are the others joining us this hike - unless you say not to.

I will pm you back my info also.
    Last edited by wrongway_08; 12-13-2007 at 21:58.

Images

I'm assuming the main mission of this trip is to test equipment and develop winter hiking/survival skills and not to make mileage? That should entice more participants. Right?
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

i just realized sumpin'. i'm pretty sure i confirmed a trip on jan. 19/20 to do a piece south of SNP? oops! play through! have a great trip guys! maybe next time?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebag View Post
    I'm assuming the main mission of this trip is to test equipment and develop winter hiking/survival skills and not to make mileage? That should entice more participants. Right?
    Not worried about milage, just want to test equipment - and have a good time enjoyn everyones company, lke our last outing.

Are you bringn Aldo this time? I will have Hudson at least on one of the trips, most likley the NY, since it is the shorter of the 2. Guess i should get him a jacket or something - he is really short haired.
    Last edited by wrongway_08; 12-13-2007 at 13:56.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DAKS View Post
    i just realized sumpin'. i'm pretty sure i confirmed a trip on jan. 19/20 to do a piece south of SNP? oops! play through! have a great trip guys! maybe next time?
    Thats cool, maybe next time!

A Heart of a Hiker.... slamajama's Avatar

if its not too late i can do NY..lmk

Images

Quote Originally Posted by slamajama View Post
    if its not too late i can do NY..lmk

Nope, aint too late late untill were leaving the woods!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    Nope, aint too late late untill were leaving the woods!
    It's never too late to join this parade of winter nomadic freaks. The more the merrier or should I say the more - the better the chances of fubar moments. I was at REI today longingly eyeballing a pair of Sierra Design Down booties ... man they looked nice. But with our love of campfires - I know I'll burn some holes in those things with popping embers in short order. Unless I see a pair in the local thrift store I think I'll stick to my Crocks with 2 pairs of thick socks. Besides I'd rather spend my money on a pair of crampons (something to get myself for the holidays ). Is it too early to get psyched for this trip? And yes I think Aldo would love to see New York again.

Images

I was thinking of those same down booties!

I think for this upcomming trip I might buy some crampons from REI - they have those new orange ones that weigh almost nothing.

Images

i stand corrected. i can do the 19/20 of january if you do the shenandoahs? i would only be able to do sat. and sun., but oh well. that's better than nuthin'! it looks as though you gents might be doing the other trip already, but if you change yer' mind for the shenandoahs, i'm in. keep me posted!

Images

This the pair you eyeballing?
    Attachment 2805
    Petzl Charlet Vasak Flexlock Crampons

Sasquatch would be jealous if we had the real deal on. Those Yaktrax just seemed like they're not made for heavy hiking IMHO. He was fudging with them quite a bit from what I could recall. And as far as a doggie shirt for your pooch ... might be a good idea. I'm sure that area we're headed to will not be as balmy as our last outing.

Images

regarding the down booties. i actually tore the liners out of some old pac boots and they have worked out pretty sweet! they are i believe made of wool and felt(?)and very warm. prolly' cheaper and maybe less flammable? very ugly i might add, but who cares if yer' warm???

Images

Thats the ones! Some sharp arse points on them suckers - could get some really cool looking scars on the back of my legs from them !

Images

i stand corrected. i can do the 19/20 of january if you do the shenandoahs? i would only be able to do sat. and sun., but oh well. that's better than nuthin'! it looks as though you gents might be doing the other trip already, but if you change yer' mind for the shenandoahs, i'm in. keep me posted!
    I was planning to do both trips. Figure what the heck, I have the time off from work!
    Will add you back on the list.

Images

regarding the down booties. i actually tore the liners out of some old pac boots and they have worked out pretty sweet! they are i believe made of wool and felt(?)and very warm. prolly' cheaper and maybe less flammable? very ugly i might add, but who cares if yer' warm???
    Let the backwoods fashion show begin .... and now modeling the new line of crampons - don't mind the limp ...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    Thats the ones! Some sharp arse points on them suckers - could get some really cool looking scars on the back of my legs from them !
    I could really pick up the chicks with those claws on ... I think

Images

Chicks dig steel clawed feet!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++