WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User Caveman of Ohio's Avatar
    Images

Default caveman of Ohio Here

Just seeing what the class of 07 is doing nowadays. I am having one hell of a time figuring out my plans. Been off the trail for a few months and still have not find a job. Now I am trying to figure out ways of making fast cash in order to go hiking.Well hope to hear from some of the class.

Take care
    caveman of Ohio

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Right now I'm involved in a play with my family - Miracle on 34th Street, that is running for three weekends at a playhouse. It's been good family time for us. Paul Bunyan is playing seven different characters.

I've also put together a book proposal on my hike which an agent is currently marketing, plus working on other book ideas to send out. But no formal contracts on anything yet, so you could say I have no work either.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Working on Forestry Grad schol

Caveman--This is Hermes, how's it going? I met you in Rural Retreat, VA (the gas station resupply, the restaurant in the red barn, and that crappy hotel)

If you immediatly start saving money to hike on 08 after an 07 hike....You're hikertrash now--we got you.

Images

That was the Relax Inn Right? That was a top notch place to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    Caveman--This is Hermes, how's it going? I met you in Rural Retreat, VA (the gas station resupply, the restaurant in the red barn, and that crappy hotel)

If you immediatly start saving money to hike on 08 after an 07 hike....You're hikertrash now--we got you.
    Hermes, didn't I meat you and your partners at Piazza Rock??

In '06?

And yeah, that was the relax inn caveman.

In '06?
    Yeah, you didn't happen to be hiking with a tiny hot pink book bag did you??

CAVEMAN!!!

GG here! Took me for freakin ever to get a job. Finally as of Today (well yesterday), I accepted a job here in Charlotte. I was really hopeing to go to VT but slim pickins for me there.

Rhodo and I miss the trail so much. We ran into Moongoat at an outfitter the other day, how awesome was that?!

I hope all is well with you and if you are ever in the area, you got a place to stay!

GG

Images

Caveman, how's it going? Iceman Dan here. I had a great time hangin out at Rusty's with you, breakin water pipes and eatin hot dogs. Hope you had a great time on the rest of the trail.
    Getting lost only makes things more interesting.

Images

Great to hear from you GG,Rhodo, and Iceman Dan. Things are going great hear but the no work thing is starting to bug me. With all that said I started looking into The Long Trail for next year. Everything fell into place when I was hiking on the At and I am sure it will continue. I remember the expression on your face Iceman when that pipe burst. That sure was alot of water.

That's still my all time favorite backpack--it's just really hard to get a hitch while wearing.

That's still my all time favorite backpack--it's just really hard to get a hitch while wearing.
    No doubt. If you remember the night well you and your friends cowboyed by the fire, there was a large girls group at the tent platforms and me and a couple SOBO friends in the lean-to. You guys looked like you'd mastered necessary gear and pace. Were you on the trail again this year? I started over from Katahdin.

I did GA-Wayensboro and the PCT in 07

CDT 08!

I did GA-Wayensboro and the PCT in 07

CDT 08!
    How was the PCT? I'm giving it thoughts for 09 or 10. Recommend, yes, no, maybe? Going AT SOBO againin June 08.

If I were you I'd forget about the AT and go hike the PCT, it is way better hiking in pretty much every way (the AT has a way longer season, though. You need to move at a reasonable rate on the PCT if you care about finishing in one season)

If I were you I'd forget about the AT and go hike the PCT, it is way better hiking in pretty much every way (the AT has a way longer season, though. You need to move at a reasonable rate on the PCT if you care about finishing in one season)
    Is there a reasonable SOBO time frame or is it best done heading north. Where are the terminus' - (terminii?).

Mexican border (campo, CA) to about 10 miles into Canada (Manning Park, BC), 2650 miles total

Most people start late April. I started mid-may, but will probalby start as late as early June next time i do the PCT. You don't really want to start the high sierra (Kennedy Meadows) until some time around June 15th depending on the snowpack and how much you like hiking on snow

You have to finish NOBO by end of sept/beginning of OCT

SOBO you start late june to late July, depending on snowpack/how much you like snow. You have to get to Kennedy meadows by the end of October.

Thanx dude. Any future hiking plans?

Cdt 2008

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++