WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Lone Star Trail

Journal Entries

Does anybody have any recent experience with water sources on the western side of the LS trail (Huntsville and further west)and the Little Lake Creek Loop Trail?

I am hiking mid-march for a week or so starting at trailhead 7 in Huntsville, hiking back to TH 1, then taking the LLC back until it meets back up with LS.

Also, what are crowds like on spring break? I somehow forgot when I started planning a trip that students might be there en masse. Thankfully dispersed camping is allowed in mid-March...

Ramblin around your city, rambling around your town...

I hiked from mile 0 to 35/the west side this weekend.

there is enough water along the trail. Some sources OK, some nasty.
    The water fountains at Stubblefield are off but there is warm/hot water from the taps inside bathroom-chlorine taste-potable, I guess.

I stayed on the main trail...I don't have any info about water on the LLC/loop trails.

I'd expect it to be crowded on the west side during spring break.... I saw at least 25 people(1 or 2 weekenders, mostly day hikers) on the trail on saturday/sunday. Stubblefield looked crowded as well.
    I've sectioned the east side and only saw 2 people-ever. Seems the west side is more popular.--much less water on the east side tho FYI.

Check the HATS (Houston Area Trails) meetup site. They've hiked quite a bit of it and have great info on their site.

(They're camping at Noches on LST on Feb 22).

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
++ New Posts ++