WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Moon the Cog. Live a little!

Lets not all be politically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by garyhebert View Post
    Moon the Cog. Live a little!

Lets not all be politically correct.
    I'd be right there with you dude. . . if I were willing to completely disregard other people's sensibilities.
    If you've hiked up to where the cog and AT meet - you are living a little!

Images

Default Line up?

If I were to ride the cog and file a complaint that I had been mooned, and describe the offenders as young shapely female hikers, would the police gather up all the attractive looking female hikers on the mountain and put them in a proper "line up" for me to identify? Just a thought for some summer entertainment.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    If I were to ride the cog and file a complaint that I had been mooned, and describe the offenders as young shapely female hikers, would the police gather up all the attractive looking female hikers on the mountain and put them in a proper "line up" for me to identify? Just a thought for some summer entertainment.
    I would!

Default Weary's #261:

I understand that one of the engines this year began using a John Deere diesel engine, powered by "biodiesel," i.e. a mixture of recycled vegetable oil and diesel oil.

Big whup. The vegetable oil was produced by farmers using petroleum-based fertilizers, petroleum-based pesticides, planted by petroleum-powered tractors, harvested by petroleum-powered combines, transported to market at least in part by petroleum-powered vehicles, etc., etc. When ONE vehicle in the U.S. is both powered completely without petroleum products, and its manufacture and its lubricants owe nothing to petroleum products, then I'll figure something significant has been accomplished environmentally.

Until then, it's just another case of moving petroleum consumption and/or pollution around to look good to the gullible.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith View Post
    I understand that one of the engines this year began using a John Deere diesel engine, powered by "biodiesel," i.e. a mixture of recycled vegetable oil and diesel oil.

Big whup. The vegetable oil was produced by farmers using petroleum-based fertilizers, petroleum-based pesticides, planted by petroleum-powered tractors, harvested by petroleum-powered combines, transported to market at least in part by petroleum-powered vehicles, etc., etc. When ONE vehicle in the U.S. is both powered completely without petroleum products, and its manufacture and its lubricants owe nothing to petroleum products, then I'll figure something significant has been accomplished environmentally.

Until then, it's just another case of moving petroleum consumption and/or pollution around to look good to the gullible.
    Hi Minnesosta!

Default Hi, Austex...

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    Hi Minnesosta!
    Am toying the idea of another thruhike in '09. Am working away in the Rockies in the oil patch. How are you these days?

Images

Am toying the idea of another thruhike in '09. Am working away in the Rockies in the oil patch. How are you these days?
    '08 is out for me.

Family ilness.

May see you in '09. Will you be going lighter next time?

Default Oh, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    May see you in '09. Will you be going lighter next time?
    Body and pack. Would also do lots of "hike til dark and tent", too. Would have the goal of knocking it off in 5 months or less. Would still go NOBO, as I think SOBO is only an option (for the well-informed) who are in the kind of starting shape I'd be in by halfway through.

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Mooning the trail is silly. That should stop. Hikers who have hiked 1,800 miles(or 350ish) should be able to find better things to do with their time above tree line in the whites.

Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Mooning the trail is silly. That should stop. Hikers who have hiked 1,800 miles(or 350ish) should be able to find better things to do with their time above tree line in the whites.
    Hiking 1800 miles is silly. I've never mooned the cog, but I don't take orders from high-schoolers, either.

Default The Conundrum

What happens if someone on the Cog moons back?

Should they be arrested to?

You be the judge.....because it happened to me!

Don't outlaw the mooning, just hand a Red Ryder BB gun to every passenger when they board the train...The fatter the ass the bigger the target.

The AMC has a lot of balls to arrest hikers for mooing the cog.
    The damn thing is a nuisance and spews horrible black smoke into the pristine air.
    They should be ashamed of themselves for even running the damn thing.

And the black coke or whatever it is all over the fragile ground.
    Mooning the cog is the least of the pollutants going on in this case.

how about: noise, air, garbage (including the coke), tracks laid above treeline, etc.

a bit of bare ass is a fine way to protest the whole idea of having a toy train up there.

If they wanted to put a windmill up there. then you'd see some bitchin. but this thing is much worse and what good does it do? hell they can drive up the other side!

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Don't outlaw the mooning, just hand a Red Ryder BB gun to every passenger when they board the train...The fatter the ass the bigger the target.
    I've wondered why some rock salt loads haven't been applied to the seat of the problem
    Last edited by Frolicking Dinosaurs; 01-13-2008 at 19:20. Reason: added quote

Journal Entries
    Images

Not the AMC.

Images

When ONE vehicle in the U.S. is both powered completely without petroleum products, and its manufacture and its lubricants owe nothing to petroleum products, then I'll figure something significant has been accomplished environmentally.

Yea, Its called a horse.

Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead View Post
    The damn thing is a nuisance and spews horrible black smoke into the pristine air.
    They should be ashamed of themselves for even running the damn thing.

And the black coke or whatever it is all over the fragile ground.
    Mooning the cog is the least of the pollutants going on in this case.

how about: noise, air, garbage (including the coke), tracks laid above treeline, etc.

a bit of bare ass is a fine way to protest the whole idea of having a toy train up there.

If they wanted to put a windmill up there. then you'd see some bitchin. but this thing is much worse and what good does it do? hell they can drive up the other side!
    dude. has nothing to do with the AMC. it's the state of NH. showing your dumb ass protests NOTHING. it's just showing your dumb ass. the ground ain't fragile. it's granite

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Default Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    dude. has nothing to do with the AMC. it's the state of NH. showing your dumb ass protests NOTHING. it's just showing your dumb ass. the ground ain't fragile. it's granite
    I got my last quote!!!!!

Lone Wolf-"dude. has nothing to do with the AMC. it's the state of NH."
    Has nothing to do with the State of New Hampshire, it is a private business.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
++ New Posts ++