WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EWS View Post
    People need to get a life. A trooper had to ride the train for a couple of weekends to cite eight hikers dropping their pants. What an brilliant and effective use of law enforcement officials.
    LOL...

What's interesting is seeing the split over the issue. Lots of folks that would otherwise disagree, on politics for example, agree here and visa versa.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    LOL...

What's interesting is seeing the split over the issue. Lots of folks that would otherwise disagree, on politics for example, agree here and visa versa.
    Seeing the split over the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    nope. it's wrong. against the law. end of story
    I don't think that it's all that wrong. God gave man an ass. Man ate an apple and became timid about said ass. but folks, what kind of tyrannical rule are we living under when showing your bum becomes a punishable offense. Just because there is a law against it doesnt make it morally wrong. There are plenty of laws that were made because of misdirected beauracracy, to insure that certain people maintained profits or status. At one time there were segregation laws, and im sure L. Wolf followed those simply because they existed...

I say FIGHT THE MAN and SHOW YOUR BUM! We all know its not wrong. It's not vulgar. It's an expression of freedom. Those who complain are stuck in a prudish world governed by ridiculous social mores.

To protest this law I've decided to thru-hike in 2008 completely nude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    LOL...

Agreed, but it is a religious issue in my eyes. A crackdown here and a crackdown over there. Same principle, the extreme have just got their way over there and are working on it here.
    Last edited by EWS; 11-16-2007 at 02:42.

Quote Originally Posted by EWS View Post
    Agreed, but it is a religious issue in my eyes. A crackdown here and a crackdown over there. Same principle, the extreme have just got their way over there and are working on it here.
    The moral security police!

Lightweight hi-tech thongs are on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by rob123ufl View Post
    I don't think that it's all that wrong. God gave man an ass. Man ate an apple and became timid about said ass. but folks, what kind of tyrannical rule are we living under when showing your bum becomes a punishable offense. Just because there is a law against it doesnt make it morally wrong. There are plenty of laws that were made because of misdirected beauracracy, to insure that certain people maintained profits or status. At one time there were segregation laws, and im sure L. Wolf followed those simply because they existed...

I say FIGHT THE MAN and SHOW YOUR BUM! We all know its not wrong. It's not vulgar. It's an expression of freedom. Those who complain are stuck in a prudish world governed by ridiculous social mores.

To protest this law I've decided to thru-hike in 2008 completely nude.
    will mommy and daddy be paying all your fines? THE MAN is gonna benefit from your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    will mommy and daddy be paying all your fines? THE MAN is gonna benefit from your stupidity.
    Just checking to see that you haven't napalmed some misguided hikers.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by taildragger View Post
    so what your saying is that if I chose to walk past the train with just a pack and a thong on, it'd be gravy with the po po?
    Please, we do not want to see the gravy in your popo.

Images

It amazes me how a thread starts out as a serious issue Hikers getting fined for exposure, then u flip to the last few pages and folks are talkin about about nuns and god given ass. Oh well, I never mooned and never will. While I agree that the law enforcement dudes could spend more time on other trail crimes, committed by hikers and non hikers alike. This was specific things others complained about, and more than once.

Prior to my 2000 hike from GA to ME I had spent 20 years hiking in the whites, it sort of my Local Trainig Area, as we would say in the Army. Keep ur smelly butts tucked away. We dont wanna see them.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

I am vastly overqualified to wear a thong garment and will be wearing this one instead when I moon the COG - wonder if one of the cottage industries could make these in a tech fabric.

Chef, you make some good points, but I feel that if we can't laugh both at the absurdities of life and ourselves, that we lose something as people. Hikers are strong group both psychologically and physically. Thrus that have made it to the COG location are determined and disciplined individuals who are adventurous and accustomed to thinking outside the box. Telling such daring souls that they can’t participate in a somewhat innocuous long-standing tradition because of a few priggish people on a train virtually guarantees that those who are disposed to moon will moon.

Images

Tasers, that is what this problem needs.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Default Tasers

You are so right Rock. Everyone on the train needs to be subdued. Does the new cell phone have a taser built in? I hope when you get up there you don't have a "Bourbon Induced" moment and drop trowel! LOL

SD

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    I'll do more than fart if you come after me with a taser

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post

Hikers are strong group both psychologically and physically. Thrus that have made it to the COG location are determined and disciplined individuals who are adventurous and accustomed to thinking outside the box. Telling such daring souls that they can’t participate in a somewhat innocuous long-standing tradition because of a few priggish people on a train virtually guarantees that those who are disposed to moon will moon.
    That's funny. "thrus" are daring souls that think outside the box? What kinda crap is that? The ones that have made it to the Cog location have blue-blazed, yellow-blazed and slackpacked. Those "priggish" people on the train pay a minimum of $200 for a family of 4. Money talks and "thrus" walk (away with a ticket). Moon on idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    I'll say it again, I dont do it - have never done it and have no desire to do it. At the same time its just someones butt, look away for a second, if the site of a random butt is going to scar you/youngsters/wife/husband, you've got bigger problems - its just a butt.
    It's not a matter of psychological scaring I'm concerned with, it's more a matter of just plain old common decency and respecting others. The cog railway has been in existance for a lot more years than the AT. People should be able to ride the darn thing without be exposed to someone's hairy ass, as if the riders are in the wrong for using it. Anyone who doesn't like the cog can boycott using it, write their congressman about what a polluting monster it is, or whatever, but the folks riding it shouldn't be the target of one's moon and the cog railway itself, being just a huge hunk of iron, doesn't have the ability to see a moon anyway.
    I would much rather be anywhere on a trail right now
    than just sitting in front of some computer reading about it.

There is too much emphasis on man-ass in this thread. Woman-ass demands a fair and equal chance, and imho more chances, to show its self.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16 View Post
    I "smell" a new tradition in the making. If you moon it while fording, do you get extra points that can be redeemed in exchange for skipped trail miles?
    If you moon it anytime OTHER than fording, I think you'd better plan on fording.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    If you moon it anytime OTHER than fording, I think you'd better plan on fording.

TW
    {{{ Bleep }}}
    Last edited by Frolicking Dinosaurs; 11-16-2007 at 14:52. Reason: Funny but inappropriate comment

Images

Agreed. Need training area. Suggest Maine. Any number of dipping spots. All weight classes welcome. Priggs need not apply.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++