WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Photos

Images

This is Jackson who hiked with Porkchop in 2006. He was GREAT!
    Turtle2

Images

Just a few more of Hudson, shown off his new shoes and pack.

This is my dog Tennessee, her short legs are good for about 8-9 miles on the trail

Images

Default Ready for winter.

My special child showing his excitement over his winter gear.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Hey Rabbit! I ran into Red B and his dog, LP (Low Profile) just before Mahoosic Notch. LP is a dachshund as well. Red B says he (LP) had about 3,000 miles on those short little legs. I will admit, it was interesting to see LP decide which side of the rock had the shortest drop. Funny, the day before I saw a Great Dane.
    Turtle2

Images

Love the pics, and the four-legged family members. Doggiebag, Aldo looks too cute with his new booties...He's better-outfitted than a lot of people I see.
    This is Romie and I out on our favorite portion in Maryland, Gathland Park. Christmas Day hike. We were out today for our first hike of '08. Nice, but windy and cold. Happy New Year all!

Images

Doggie Bag----
    Very nice - Australian shepherd? Thanks for posting.

My fav Trail dog is Rio, owned by Bonzo. Met him in 03. This beautiful dog maintains a even temperament, which is always pleasant, especially when he's around hikers or the Trail. Bonzo takes him everywhere so I get to see him frequently.

My canine friend is a little black Pom named Bandito. He chases everything so I can't take him on the Trail, but I do take him camping. I keep him cut down like a little lab - he loves it.

Images

Here's my boy - "the Doctor" rescued from the animal shelter. Great little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle2 View Post
    Hey Rabbit! I ran into Red B and his dog, LP (Low Profile) just before Mahoosic Notch. LP is a dachshund as well. Red B says he (LP) had about 3,000 miles on those short little legs. I will admit, it was interesting to see LP decide which side of the rock had the shortest drop. Funny, the day before I saw a Great Dane.
    Maybe we will meet Red B and Low Profile (great name for a weeny dog) on the trail someday. If TN can't decide which side of the rock to go on she will go over it. It gets tricky when she goes under a log across the trail and expects me to do the same. limbo

On the left is the preppiest trail dog I've ever met, Ripley, but he's such a great boy and he loves being on the trail as much as I do. He's training to be a therapy dog and we're agility beginners.

On the right is Bonnie, RIP. She was a great trail dog. A loved rescue mutt of unknown origin.

Journal Entries
    Images

OUtstanding photos. J Rabbit-I had a good laugh when I saw your 8-9 miler dog photo. Hee, hee, hee, ha, ha, ho, ho. Its great. Keep them coming. Again, please also post and let us know of dogs who are through hikers. Thanks. -SunnyWalker
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Images

This is Cody, a German Shepard/Husky mix. We got him about 9 years ago. While we lived in an apartment, a lady was looking to get rid of her new puppy. She got the puppy, brought him home and the husband did not want him. The A$$ Hole tossed him in front of a truck to kill him. Cody lived through it, he was in a doggie wheel chair for a long while but as soon as he was fixed up, we got him!

Cody lived with us for 6 months before he would allow me around him, he would hide under the kitchen table and shake when I came home from work.
    After about 8 months he trusted me, Tami and I were the only ones he would allow near him the rest of his life. No family members, No vets (total restraints, doctors and my self needed for his yearly shots) No one but the 2 of us. Cody did like all animals.

He loved the outdoors, the ocean and road trips.

He died early of Lymph node cancer, the bad thing about this cancer is it does not effect 95% of dogs at all untill they are at deaths door. He started getting sick about 2 weeks before his death, just scratching his side. The doctors thought it was a winter rash. By the time the figured it was Lymph Node cancer (about 3 days before he died), it was too late. He couldnt walk, eat or drink. In less then 2 weeks Cody went from a seemingly perfectly healthy dog to layn on his "death blanket". Sorry for the long post on the cancer part but just keep it in mind for your dog - it is hard to detect.

Cody died November 19, 2006 - R.I.P.

Images

Sorry I hit the enter button twice, just removed the double post.
    Last edited by wrongway_08; 01-04-2008 at 21:38.

Images

You gave him a great life. Good job Wrongway.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Default The Water run from Hell.

Salt Log Gap - Aldo and I just emerged from a hellish water run from the valley floor. It was rough - stinging nettles, thick brush, endless switch backs all for the reward of some much needed water. Even the dog was twisted out of shape by the time we made it to the trail. But we bounced back quickly.

Images

Wow Aldo looks beat, you really worked him!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    Wow Aldo looks beat, you really worked him!
    Between you and me I just caught him at the moment he was stretching
    No need to rile up the extremists!

Images

It was a hell of a water run ... though.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebag View Post
    Between you and me I just caught him at the moment he was stretching
    No need to rile up the extremists!

Ahhhhh, about to say, on our last hike, Aldo was always looking at us - waiting for us to move faster. and This was after he walked about 50 laps around us .

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++