WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default CDT SOBO 2014: Looking for partner

I'm in the initial stages of planning a SOBO thru hike of the CDT. Start time is flexible as to a specific day in June. I have thru hiked the Florida Trail (FT) and completed two major 300 mi. sections of the AT. Looking for hiking partner to join me in several National Scenic Trail thru-hikes. I also have a small 30' Bristol sailboat I sail in the five months of Winter; hiking full time for Cerebral Palsy charity during Spring/Summer months. I am financially stable and feel confident in my experience. I would even go so far as to mention that finances would be covered for right female with gear for the next several years...

Thanks,

MorninJoe
    Attached Images Attached Images

3-5 year itenary:

CDT SOBO June 2014
    Arizona Trail Winter 2014/15
    PCT NOBO Spring 2015
    Winter 2015 Summit Co. Colorado (ski bum)
    C2C Trail West Coast to East Coast (Maine) Spring 2016: bicycle
    Winter 2016/17: sailboat- InterCoastal Waterway: Annapolis, MD-Charleston, SC
    Appalachian Trail: SOBO/NOBO Spring/ Summer 2017 (Possible Pinhoti Trail extended)
    Winter 2017/18: sailboat- South Atlantic: Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands

*further international hiking and sailing adventures yet to be determined.

Looking for fun and spontaneous female. Age is not a major concern of mine. I am 39. She should be free of mortgage, car payment, and other bills by June of 2014. Prefer someone w/ experience and gear that is willing to walk away from the rat race indefinitely and basically retire on a small income/inheritance I receive monthly till the day I die. Please note word "small" income. Any experienced hiker would know that little monies are required to live the lifestyle of a modern day Mountain Man/ thru hiker. I am fully aware of such cost and could 100% afford travel expenses for two and possibly one child (homeschool). I am wishing all the enthusiastic hikers of the world a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

MorninJoe

Images

How about match.com

I think you might of gotten whiteblaze.net and match.com confused. trolling on whiteblaze for chicks is pretty sad lol

Quote Originally Posted by MorninJoe View Post
    I would even go so far as to mention that finances would be covered for right female with gear for the next several years...
    HAHAHAHAHA, I wonder what you have to do to be the "right female". I realize there are so pretty dumb people in the world, but do real women really fall for this kind of crap ??

Maybe give the guy a break ... the odds of finding what he is looking for (female hiking enthusiast) is much higher here than on match.com and he did cross post this in a forum White Blaze set up for "hooking up" - probably not normally used for this kind of "hooking up" but easily mistaken for a dating forum by a newer member with just six posts.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

First off, good luck finding the female hiking partner. It seems all the ones I meet are already married

Second, starting a SOBO CDT in June generally isn't a good idea, at least not if you actually want to start at the Canadian boarder. It can be touch and go even starting in early July. There can still be lots of snow in the passes and impossible to cross raging streams. I found this out last year when I went to Glacier July 1st and had to skip around a few sections.

That's a pretty ambitisous list of trails you want to hike. Good thing your still young and have lots of money
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I just love the hater's who find it in their heart to express their negativity. Yes... The normal waitress and bank teller aren't so enthused 'bout a shower every 5-8 days. Girls on match are looking for professionals, and I'm trying to find me a lady that wants to hike. Guess I didn't read the First Amendment restrictions on what I should or shouldn't post on this site...lmao

My goodness. Such hate red the day before Christmas. I don't think my thread was even aimed at a response from some dude...

I'll just say that my intentions are honest and I'm really a pretty humble and simple guy. I apologize to anyone that loves hiking and the serenity that comes along with it more than the ego driven peanut gallery.

MorninJoe

" Good thing your still young and have lots of money"

Actually, I've worked manual labor since I was 12. I left home at 15. I have a rental property my grandmother left me that is paid for. This allows me enough income to hike and sail on approx. $200 per person per month plus groceries. I am poor by all social standards... And am very blessed!

++ New Posts ++