WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: I Failed 2007

Again, I would like to thank all of you for your thoughts and I am ashamed for what I said, my wife always tells me, I am black or white, all or nothing and I hate to admit it ,but she is right. My mind was set to go all the way to Maine but my body wasn't. I had 2 surgeries for a groin and embilical hernias on Jan 17 and started my hike 8 weeks later on March 17, big mistake! Every time I put my pack on it would hurt. But I was not going to let that stop me, well it did She also says I'm not to bright sometimes, man I hate when she's right. I'v received quite a few private posts and with what has been said above, from those who wish they could have walk that section and I am sorry for the way I wrote the original post. I had an experence that some will dream of, but never try or can't try and I was feeling sorry for myself, (she also calls me a few things I can't repeat here) I will try again, but with a different mind set. I was being a bit hard on myself and I should have not posted in that frame of mind. So i deserve a big kick in the backside. So please let this thread end.

GA - Central PA 1977
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lacbe View Post
    I dreamed of thru hiking the trail in 2007 when I retired.
    .............Why?
    Sometimes you can't hear them talk..Other times you can.
    The same old cliches.."Is that a woman or a man?"
    You always seem out-numbered..You don't dare make a stand.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++