WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Asolo Hold 'Em

Images

Default Asolo Hold 'Em

There's a new poker game I'm playing with Asolo. I called them to see if they'll replace my boots and they said they would be happy to send me a new pair at my next drop. Then they said that I have to send my old pair so they can determine if the damage is covered under warranty. So, in other words, if I take the new pair, I'm gambling! I've played a decent amount of Texas Hold 'Em in my day, but I don't know this game well enough to play the hand...so I'm folding. If there's even a small chance I might have to buy a new pair of Fugitives, I'd rather spend the money on something that might last more than a couple months on the trail.

Do other companies do this?

Why not buy whatever boots you think will last, and send the problem boots back to Asolo. You would have whatever you bought to hike in, and if Asolo decides to replace the boots, you can receive the new boots a bit up the trail, or have 'em shipped home. If Asolo doesn't back the boots, you're still hiking.

With this plan, you might end up with two pairs of boots, which you'd probably put to good use, anyway. You might even mention to Asolo that you'll be doing some word of mouth advertising for them as you hike... might be positive, might be negative. You just have to see.

Pringles

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Crawbear View Post
    There's a new poker game I'm playing with Asolo. I called them to see if they'll replace my boots and they said they would be happy to send me a new pair at my next drop. Then they said that I have to send my old pair so they can determine if the damage is covered under warranty. So, in other words, if I take the new pair, I'm gambling! I've played a decent amount of Texas Hold 'Em in my day, but I don't know this game well enough to play the hand...so I'm folding. If there's even a small chance I might have to buy a new pair of Fugitives, I'd rather spend the money on something that might last more than a couple months on the trail.

Do other companies do this?
    ===================================

Montrail does ...or at least they did in 2003. Had a large crack develop in the sole of the "Java" trail runner. Called Montrail from Bear Mtn, NY and pleaded my case. They said that "thru-hiking" per se was not an intended use for the shoe but that regardless this type of damage was pre-mature and inappropriate for any of their shoes. Long story short, I sent them back as requested and about 2 weeks later a new pair of Javas appeared on my door step at home ...which my wife promptly sent me out on the trail.

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    Why not buy whatever boots you think will last, and send the problem boots back to Asolo. You would have whatever you bought to hike in, and if Asolo decides to replace the boots, you can receive the new boots a bit up the trail, or have 'em shipped home. If Asolo doesn't back the boots, you're still hiking.

With this plan, you might end up with two pairs of boots, which you'd probably put to good use, anyway. You might even mention to Asolo that you'll be doing some word of mouth advertising for them as you hike... might be positive, might be negative. You just have to see.

Pringles
    Good idea Pringles.

I went through several Asolo Fugitives on my hike. They kept sending me replacements, but I finally got tired of walking around with flat tires. Unfortunately, in my experience, these boots are incorrectly marketed as being backpacking footwear. They seem to be better suited for sidewalks. If the soles are delamenating I wouldn't worry about being charged. Great customer service...bad product.

Working on Forestry Grad schol

You should expect to tear through a lot of footwear if you're walking 2000 miles

++ New Posts ++