WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's about 25 yards up from where the pipe is now. A small cement box with a pipe coming out of it. Takes a little time to find it.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Originally posted by L. Wolf
    It's about 25 yards up from where the pipe is now. A small cement box with a pipe coming out of it. Takes a little time to find it.
    no pipe there now unless someone had replaced it in the last couple weeks....but its not far up thru there to the balsam mtn trail which is right in the ridge line.
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Nope. Still there. Really hard to find.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Lone wolf ...I've never seen this box..if you say it's there ..I accept that,,,but the pipe in front of the shelter ain't there right now unless someone has replaced it in the last couple weeks
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Pierce Pond Lean-to in Maine ain't bad.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Yes, my first posting here, hope to have alot more. Plenty of trail stories to tell....

Cooper Lodge on top of Killington, it's top dog in my book. Everything that you could ask from a shelter on a big mountain and a nice downhill (yeh, check the elivation profile if you don't believe me) jaunt to the Inn at Longtrail with those tasty pints of Guiness and Irish Stew.

Also, Standing Indian one on my favorites because I pull off some trailmajic there when I can get a weekend away in spring.

Anybody know if Skylark or The Riders on the Storm from 96' are on this site?

Its great to be among people that I have so much in common with!
    Doppler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++