WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: Bites Jack on the toes and smiles at Marta :::

Default one more

I'll be there. First week of June. Looking forward to meeting all you people going against the flow, what ever your reason may be. Be well and smile.

I'll be there. Looking foward to meet all you going against the flow, whatever you reason may be. Be well and smile.

All generalizations are false, including this one wesxero's Avatar

Xero
    SOBO
    And
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." -Mark Twain

All generalizations are false, including this one wesxero's Avatar

Xero
    SOBO
    And early June is about the best I can give you at this
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." -Mark Twain

Starting late March from Amicola falls.
    taking the high roads and the low roads

Quote Originally Posted by bill dreibelbis View Post
    Starting late March from Amicola falls.
    Welcome to WB, Bill.

I've seen other posts here from Winter Haven, FL, though I can't remember names. Keep your eyes open, you may find a training partner in your neighborhood.

Good luck with your thru-hiking plans.
    Roland

Images

Hi I'm Kristen, haven't got a trail name yet. I'm waiting for someone to dubb me something funny! I'm 18, will be 19 when I start the trail north bound next spring.

I was so set on leaving the spring of 07 but the only way I could have completed the trail was starting from the north headed south so I postponed my trip till 2008.

This is it! See you guys ; P
    If you're going my way, I'll walk with you.

no name yet(for me or wife), was Hitman in 2005
    NOBO(thru-hike #2 but wife coming this time)
    March 15th(but going to keep an eye on the weather)
    approach trail
    Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens.

No trail name yet (gonna see what sticks to me)
    NOBO
    March 1st
    Approach Trail

Hope to see many of you on the Trail! I'll be the slow guy going through M&M withdrawal (not a pretty sight).

Starting at Springer in May 08...will hike for 8 days. Will pick up where I left off sometimes later [probably in September] and continue to section hike like this for a while. It may take me several years, but that's okay.

Can't take more than a week off at work at one time. boohoo

Anahata
    NOBO
    March 10ish
    Approach Trail

I live in NJ and get out almost every weekend in NJ and the Lower Hudson Valley. I also go to NH about once a month...if anyone is interested in joining me, let me know!

Lost Boy
    NOBO
    Late March / Early April
    Approach Trail

Im trying for the 2008 season but may end up going in 2009 depending on funds.

I live in East-Central Vermont. 'Bout 45 mins from the Whites. The Green Mountains all around.

Been hiking all my life and am always in the woods.
    If anyone is in the area or coming to the area and is looking for some company while hiking - get in touch. Im out there all the time.

:banana Gulp

Well, life has its way of sortin it all out and looks like a 2008 AT attempt is in the works...I am going to start planning, packing and payin off bills with a mid to late March start in mind..watching the weather.

Happy to be with some fine folks...I have most of my gear although will be looking for just the right tent (6moons... ) and a new sleeping bag...most of my clothes are worn out too...

Not sure what I'll do about resupply but am leaning towards not sending a lot of drops...but would love to know if there is any good way to bounce meds etc forward? I've got a lot to learn...

so if anyone wants to train with a NE OHIO 2008er let me know. See y'all at the Gathering. I plan on hiking in to Pine Grove Furnace from 8 miles south of MD border as an early shakedown (and see if I can still bp!)

The Missing Kink
    aka Vera
    (gulp)

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

I have received the go-ahead from ONE of my daughters to take care of ONE of my Standard Poodles. If I can make arrangements for the other two, then I will begin my hike in March, 2008. With only a little tweak here and a little tweak there, my equipment is already in place. So is my maildrop food.

I began at NOC, heading south, once before and liked it very much. Then to Springer and catch a ride back to NOC to begin north. Are you already confused?

If not, get this: Then NOC to VA 670. Board a plane to Manchester, New Hampshire, and hike north from Hanover to Katahdin.

Still alive and able? Okay, then back to Manchester and head south from Hanover back to DWG.

Still able to walk? Skip most of Pennsylvania. Head south from where I begin, hike back home to VA 670.

If I have enough desire and can walk, THEN do Pennsylvania.

Let's just say that my plan is to be a-flippin' and a-floppin' while managing to enjoy every step of the trail.

I've only done a little over 400 miles in the past with some re-hiked sections. The trail is different every year, every season. The experience is likewise different. The one constant is the enjoyment.

So . . .

SOBO from NOC
    NOBO from NOC to VA 670
    NOBO from Hanover
    SOBO from Hanover to DWG
    SOBO Boiling Springs or thereabouts to VA670
    NOBO Boiling Springs or thereabouts to DWG

[It's THAT simple. Stop shaking your head.]

Latter half of March, depending on weather--

Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Images

No trail name yet
    March 1st
    North bound

I live around the Westminster Maryland area and would like to do backpacking trips in the Southern PA, Western MD area. Drop a line if your interested!

See ya on the trail - Rick

I've changed...I'm heading north, with the masses. I'll be there early to mid March, see yall there.

Hey Everyone,
    Just purchased a Bush Buddy Ultra and am planning on using solid fuel tablets. Using an FireLite 1100 pot.
    Looking for information on pad(s) cost vs weight? UltraLite 3/4 1 lb seems too heavy am I right?
    Looking for information on Tents Ultra Lite have looked into UBG122 Katahdin - 26 ozs. Any other suggestions for ulta lite packs for thru-hikking

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.
    IndyGirl
    Indy Girl
    "Those who wander are not lost."
    "You must be willing to get rid of the life you have planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you." Joseph Campbell

Cindy From Indy

Default Newly transferred from trailplace.com......

No trail name yet.
    I'm NOBO from Springer Mtn, April '08

Looking forward to the challenge, the new friendships and the fun!!

No Trail name as of yet
    NOBO
    14/15 Feb 2008 (ish)
    Doing the Approach Trail

Hey all,
    I have been reading the many posts and thought I would finally register so that I may contribute too. I plan to start early in 2008 because I have to make it back by Mid-July for Med. School I am from the TN region which is close to Davenport Gap and Hot Springs. So, I've had the chance to live near the trail for 14 years and feel that she is finally calling my name. Seems like I will have some company after all (especially Bohican, since our times seem to correlate). Happy Trails!!

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++