WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: here I go

Default here I go

After reading and listening to ya all I have decided my first (since my 20s) solo hike will be in the SNP. Thanks ya all for the wonderful info. I leave by train(newport news) to DC to Harpers Ferry the weekend of the 20th of Sep. I have 16 days to walk to Staunton, hope I make it. Thanks lil redmg for the stove, thanks you HOI and Keorosene, when I get back, I'll let ya know how it went. Pack it, hoist it, hike it. Going to try the tarp system to learn how many ways I can set it up to prepare for thru hike. No nag bottles, good ole soday pops, learned alot on homemade gear, did the spices in the straws, cut wieght where I could. I sure am scared but diligent and going anyhow. Everybody enjoy fall hikes. And if you see an old,fat dude smoking a cig by the trail, he isn't lost just slow. I don't bite so just say hello and see ya at the campsite.
    "you ain't settin your sights to high son, but if you want to follow in my tracks I'll help ya up the trail some."

Rooster Cogburn.

Images

You're very welcome for the stove. I hope it serves you well. Let me know how it held up. Good luck on your solo hike and enjoy yourself.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

++ New Posts ++