WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Nature View Post
    Are you hiking 2007?
    MN
    yup...i'm starting next saturday, march 17th! Lithium batteries and all to capture the tiny view on Springer.

Images

I am just going to miss meeting you by one day! My husband, Smokestack, will be starting on Sunday March 18. I am going to head out with him for the first 100+ miles to Franklin, NC.

I know that at my speed I will never run into you with a day's head start on me.

Have a great trip!

MN
    Sue Buak

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Probably something to do the Dell laptop lithium battery explosions.

Another question, will Canon cameras allow for lithium batteries? I only see two choices in the book, either alkaline of NiMh rechargeables. Besides weight, are lithiums more cost effective in the long run?

I have been using the same set of 4 AA lithium batteries in my Canon power shot A620 since October. 500+ pics and countless reviews and downloads latter they are still going strong. What my camera lacks in lightweight it makes up for in battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I have been using the same set of 4 AA lithium batteries in my Canon power shot A620 since October. 500+ pics and countless reviews and downloads latter they are still going strong. What my camera lacks in lightweight it makes up for in battery life.
    Thanks, maybe I'll pick some up.

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Thanks, maybe I'll pick some up.

===================================

Sly,

The AA Lithiums have a reported 10 year shelf life and sometimes the deals are better if you buy in volume. Difference might be the shipping cost but it never hurts to check. Prices vary a lot on the AA Lithiums. If I'm in a hurry I just check the weekend newspaper for a coupon (Kmart,Walmart, ACE Hardware, True Value Hardware etc)

Here's a very reputable place I've dealt with in the past:

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/enr-l91bp-4.htm#top

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Anyone know the the normal price is in stores? If I order 3- 4 packs online at the above link it comes to $30 with shipping.

Images

Anyone know the the normal price is in stores? If I order 3- 4 packs online at the above link it comes to $30 with shipping.
    ===================================

Bought a 4-Pack at Walmart last weekend for $10 ($9.99) plus tax. That's about the best price I've ever seen at the retail level. Like I said ...watch for a coupon. Have seen $1 off coupons pretty frequently for Walmart and ACE Hardware.

'Slogger

Thanks but, I'd rather order online than shop at Walmart! Plus, this way I save sales tax. Use this link for Thomas Distributing and save an additional 5%.

http://thomas-distributing.com/sd/

Just click enter store...

Images

Thanks but, I'd rather order online than shop at Walmart! Plus, this way I save sales tax. Use this link for Thomas Distributing and save an additional 5%.

http://thomas-distributing.com/sd/

Just click enter store...
    ==============================

I agree ...but in a pinch I make an exception. That Thomas outfit is great to work with. Have bought a lot from them, including rechargeables and a charger (for other electronic stuff I use). Plus, your delivery will come with a $$ off coupon for your next purchase.

Beats tracking around town trying to find the best deal !!

'Slogger

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog49 View Post
    I wasn't aware of the reommendation aginst lithium batteries for the Tikka. I've used the same lithium batteries in my Tikka for over two years and haven't had any problems.
    I hadn't heard anything but recommendations to use lithium batteries since they last so much longer. I wrote Princeton Tec and here's their response about using lithium batteries in an Aurora.

Dennis,
    Yep he's right. DO NOT USE LITHIUMS IN THE AURORA!
    This is because the Aurora is not current regulated. Lithiums could potentially blow out the LED's in the Aurora. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us anytime.

Thanks,
    Sid

Images

Have had them in an old Aurora for a while now. It's in the glove compartment. Guess I'd better go see if I smoked the LED's

'Slogger

Hey am I reading the document correctly, no lithium batteries on planes? Does that include carry on?

I think I found my answer page 9 As far as I can tell they can't be loose and subject to short circuit

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...ew%20chart.pdf

Images

I think I found my answer page 9 As far as I can tell they can't be loose and subject to short circuit

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...ew%20chart.pdf
    =================================

Whew ...sweating bullets there for a minute. Have carried them on planes several times !!

'Slogger

Yeah, I just got a couple packs from Thomas's. Besides having the plane blow up, I'd hate to lose $20 worth of batteries!

Images

Yeah, I just got a couple packs from Thomas's. Besides having the plane blow up, I'd hate to lose $20 worth of batteries!
    ================================

We all gotta have priorities !!

'Slogger

may your tracks be long quicktoez's Avatar
    Images

I love these batteries and I think in the long run since they say they last (7 x longer but really maybe 3 x longer) and are 1/3 lighter not only are they almost as cheap as a good alkaline but their weight verses power is around 25% of what a few (3 or 4 to 1 lith) copper top that last the same time (in electronic devices) would do. Besides if your Bi-polar and you run out of meds you can eat a few, right?
    Last edited by quicktoez; 03-14-2007 at 18:04.

Another recomindation for the lithiums. I have been using the same two in my Easy Share from Springer and I am over 1500 pics. I turned the screen off except for the 2 second review after taking a pic and have been amazed how long they have lasted.

I wish I could do what you did GHOST and turn the screen off, but I"ve noticed that the viewfinder doesn't give the entire view of the picture, just a portion. I wish I could remember the percentage of the image that the viewfinder shows, and then the screen shows 100%. DSLR's are the only cameras that allow you to view the whole frame thru the viewfinder, without relying on the screen. The screen is definitely the main thief of battery power. I plan on actually viewing the pics the least amount as possible, unless I need to clear some space on my memory card.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++