Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
I've been using V-I off and on for decades, no stomach problems whatsoever. I assume any "stomach problems" would include some sort of symptom?

That being said, when I had my first colonoscopy 5 years ago (I know, I was "late" doing this...) they did find a small ulcer in my colon... doc said it might be because of V-I. The test was right after a very long hike with more than usual V-I use.

So yeah, take this stuff sparingly if you can, I try to limit to 3 tabs a day when on long hikes and like said below, take "V-I holidays" on neros or other short easy days. I also cross-train more these days with swimming, biking, skiing and kayaking, none of which I currently need any meds to enjoy. I hike a bit less except on long hikes, but long distance hiking is still #1 on my fun-O-meter.

But if it comes down to hiking with it or not hiking at all, fugedaboudid. The overall benefits of a very active lifestyle swamp the down side of NSAIDs. My doc agrees.

I've tried a bunch of "natural remedies", none work for me. The only one that comes close is taking Turmeric, there is a hint of benefit there, I've been experimenting with Turmeric and a lower dose of V-I.
I am a recover Vitamin Iaholic. For the reasons you mention I have also cut back and have been playing with turmeric as well.