WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

Footslogger

You hit the nail on the head. This is what they told me. We were also going to buy the place. We looked into it this summer. But just like soulmates said. We also we couldnt really afford it comfortably and because of a couple other issues and one of them was because they were going to sell it as a residence not as a buisness. We talked to Ilene about it and even went into some details on some things. They are going to keep running it just like they have been until they sell it and if it does not sell then they will cut back on doing some things they do. They really want someone to take over what they started and are willing to work with someone if they are interested in doing that.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

she must have copied and pasted footslogger, because our email said the same thing

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    Just to let you know that we will be listing our home for sale, perhaps in the spring. You may no longer be interested, but I did tell you I'd let you know what that happened. Also, I am hoping that the place would sell to someone who wants to keep it open for hikers.
    We are selling it as a residence, and not a business, so we have gotten a residential market appraisal, but if the new owners keep Pine Ellis going, we would be happy to help if we can.
    Hope all is well with you two, and all is fine here. We had a really good season, and our decision is solely based on the fact that we need to simplify our life, and to slow down a bit. Semi-retirement is an acceptable way for me to look at it. Time to plan a new future.
    Hope to stay in touch, I thank you for your past interest, and if you want any further details, let me know.
    Regards,
    Ilene & Paul
    Pine Ellis, Andover, Maine

Pine Ellis Lodging
    B&B and Covered Bridge Campground
    PO Box 12
    Andover, Maine 04216
    207-392-4161
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

NE AT 733 of 733 miles & Long Trail End-to-End Tramper Al's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    . . . and because of a couple other issues and one of them was because they were going to sell it as a residence not as a buisness.
    I'm still not sure I understand the distinction, unless the buyer is being asked to sign some sort of non-compete agreement, with the sellers moving the 'business' nearby. After filing the necessary paperwork with the town/state, what would prevent any residential buyer from re-opening a hostel business there? What would stop the couple in the house across the street from doing the same, for that matter? Just curious.
    - Tramper Al

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Askus3
    Does anyone know of these changes in Andover?
    1) I went to the Andover Guesthouse website and see the name is changed to Andover Roadhouse and it is being operated by the people that own and operate Stratton Motel. Could this be for the better?
    I called the Andover Guest house yesterday or should I say the Andover Roadhouse. Yes they are under new owners. Don and Susan from the Stratton Motel are leasing it with the option to buy. The prices have gone up a little. $45 S, $50 D, $20 Bunk. Everything else seems to be the same. I talked to the Caretaker for over one hour. Her name is Alice. A lot of you may know her. She was the Caretaker at Horns Pond lean-to in the Bigelow's for two years in a row. She is a very nice lady and knows the hiking community. She will bring the place back to what it was and even better.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

I met Alice this summer - super nice, very positive attitude. Sounds like a winning combo with Don and Susan as owners. Good luck to them!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

I stayed there for a zero this year (07). It was a fantastic place to stay. Very convenient. It's under new ownership, but I think they are still trying to sell it.

GG

p.s. great movie selection and an awesome house.

Default Well... It's Called "The Cabin"

...but it was a full house, so Honey and Bear put us up in the pop-up trailer in the yard. And, of course the laundry clothes were complimentary.
    Stitch and Figgy GA-ME 2007
    Journal:BLTadventure.blogspot.com
    Photos:A.T. Flickr Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch_and_Figgy View Post
    ...but it was a full house, so Honey and Bear put us up in the pop-up trailer in the yard. And, of course the laundry clothes were complimentary.
    Stictch and Figgy
    The Cabin is the Cabin. The Andover Guest House is the 'downtown' establishment.
    The Andover Guest House:
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...&imageuser=314
    the Cabin:
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...&imageuser=314
    Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 10-20-2007 at 16:36.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++