WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Poll Results: Is "Law for Backpackers" Useful?

Voters
186. This poll is closed
  • Very useful: It's very useful to me as a backpacker

51 27.42%
  • Useful: There are some things that are useful.

73 39.25%
  • Neutral: It has both good and bad points

29 15.59%
  • Not Useful: It has no value to me as a backpacker

33 17.74%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Images

Thumbs down

I would love to read the article. However, when I'm in post #1 of this thread on the first/last page, and click on "Click here to read the entire article," all it does it takes me back to the last post, on the first/last page, which does nothing to get me to the article.

I've reported this problem before in other threads. I know of no way to get the article. I'm interested in the law about hunters hunting one the AT footpath itself. I thought there was a 200-yard safety buffer zone along the entire AT, from Georgia to Maine. Last week we met hunters who killed a deer standing on the footpath. Today the Mt. Rogers NRA Headquarters told me that was perfectly legal there and it was up to each jurisdiction and there was no uniform, over-riding law for the National Scenic Trail. I'm in my usual state,-- confused!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

At the top of your screen should be a blue heading, "Click here to read the entire article." That will take you to the top of the thread. Then you should see, on the left side, a heading "Law for Backpackers 101" showing it is a PDF file. Click on that and it will open.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    At the top of your screen should be a blue heading, "Click here to read the entire article." That will take you to the top of the thread. Then you should see, on the left side, a heading "Law for Backpackers 101" showing it is a PDF file. Click on that and it will open.
    At the top of my screen? No such thing/link that I see. Shall I do a screen capture and email it to you? Would that help?

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

Rain Man, the link is just above the green "articles menu" top left. Works for me in both firefox and explorer.

Images

Won't open for me either. Safari.

Tried to get at it from the home page also. Dumps me to login page.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Rain Man, the link is just above the green "articles menu" top left. Works for me in both firefox and explorer.
    Also works in Google Chrome.

Images

Hey Weasle as requested reposting some remarks here --

I read your article and realize that from a legal standpoint, as well as the reality that there are 50 different state laws to contend with, but I was wishing there was more to section #5 on weapons. You may want to note for example that Federal law will change in February 2010 to bring National Park Service regulations on weapons in line with state laws making concealed weapons legal in NPS sites located states where concealed carry is legal.

Also I know this is only for Virginia, but here is a link to the Virginia State Police website on firearms -- http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm. From that link there is information on what states Virginia grants reciprocity or recognition for permit holders from other states. There is a link on Virginia laws pretaining to firearms.

Images

Question

I use FireFox, but I don't even see a "green articles menu top left."

Any way to do a screen capture and email it to me? Maybe your screen set-up is somehow different than mine?

Rain Man

I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue how to do that.

Images

I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue how to do that.
    I'll send you a PM with instructions.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Images

"Law for Backpackers 101" is not available online at this time. If anyone wishes a copy, please email The Weasel at: [email protected]

The Weasel

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++