WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Allergies

Akagrace

Default Allergies

I seem to be developing new allergies recently. I thought that as we got older the incidence of this lowered or we outgrew our allergies.

Several weeks ago, I broke out in a rash on my back, which later spread to my shoulders, arms and trunk. Narrowing down the culprits is difficult, but we were working in the yard that day and I got a good back rub from my dear husband later, or it could have been the generic tylenol I had taken a day before ( it is the only drug I ever use for aches and pa ins) or the new laundry detergent or the even the shampoo i've been using for a couple of years. Nasal allergies seem to be worse this season also.

Going to the dr. tomorrow to see if she can help narrow down the cause. Thanks.

It's always possible to develop new allergies (or so I understand).

Nasal allergies have been real bad in the Northeast this season. A couple of days this year I just had to call it a day and get my head down, the sinus headaches were untouched by the normal OTC meds, and the meds themselves were leaving me feeling completely out of it.
    Andrew "Iceman" Priestley
    AT'95, GA>ME

Non nobis Domine, non nobis sed Nomini Tuo da Gloriam
    Not for us O Lord, not for us but in Your Name is the Glory

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Last edited by smokymtnsteve; 08-13-2003 at 20:53.
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

++ New Posts ++