WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Re-Supply 2007

usually confused but never lost Fannypack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the one that is actually printed on an accordion.
    u have an accordion?

Default Good News....

I had a very rare unexpected half-day off today, so I spent it at Hanover's excellent public library.

Parts Three and Four of the 2007 Re-Supply article (Harpers Ferry to Hanover) have been updated and sent to Jollies, who has been a tremendous help fixing them up and making them easier to read.

They will hopefully be posted to the Articles section of WB soon; Part Five will follow ASAP; I have to do a major revision on the Hanover info asthere's a bunch of things I have to check in re. to newly opened businesses that may be of interest to hikers. In any case, the whole thing should be completed by the end of the week, which is good since I know many of you are leaving for Georgia really soon.

kicking around ideas for the next adventure 1Pint's Avatar
    Images

Default Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Parts Three and Four of the 2007 Re-Supply article (Harpers Ferry to Hanover) have been updated and sent to Jollies ---
    This is most excellent Jack! I'm going to be putting my resupply boxes together in about 14 days, so I love having your articles available.

Thanks!!
    Laura
    "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life." Train

Resupply parts 3 and 4 are on their way to attroll for posting. After the last part, I will have the entire document in a more book-like format. I am still waiting on some comments from my previous posting on this topic. Does anyone like the format of my sample? I am awaiting your input!

Journal Entries
    Images

I just added Part 3 and Part 4 to the articles.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Jollies:

If mo one else has commented so far, then I will. I think what you've done is great, it makes the article much easier on the eye and much easier for folks to use, and I'm very grateful for your help with this!

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jollies View Post
    Resupply parts 3 and 4 are on their way to attroll for posting. After the last part, I will have the entire document in a more book-like format. I am still waiting on some comments from my previous posting on this topic. Does anyone like the format of my sample? I am awaiting your input!
    It Is A Master Piece Of Jacks Labor Of Love, Bravo! Thank you and Jack, it is so awesome and is the gospel of my mail drops, I can understand why many are speechless.

Wow this is great info. I plan on printing out this info and taking it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmath View Post
    Wow this is great info. I plan on printing out this info and taking it with me.
    I'm considering this as well, but a little worried that this is overplanning, and if I know EXACTLY what i'm going to be doing the whole trip, then I lose the spontaneity, getting lost, wasting time, but meeting cool locals and asking for help and trail magic in the process. Probably take a copy to start, and ditch it if I don't like having too much info. Still, this is really great info to help us all out.

Jack, I think I thanked you for your supply article but in case I didn't, thanks again, it went all the way from Georgia to Maine and served as my planning guide.

Images

Jack--Thanks Again!!!! And you too Jollies!!

GlazeDog

great job jack (for the data) and jollies (for the format). i am currently looking over the article and laying it over my current plan to tweak it to hit some of the great places you listed. Come on March 15th

much thanks Jack!

Thanx guys, Part Five should be finished and up real soon; I get one day off this week, Wednesday, so I'll try and finish it up before I leave for Duncannon on Thursday. Hope to see some of you there!

Default jack and the companion

I've printed out the first four sections of Jack's resupply guide in Times point 8 font, double sided, with 9" x 3.8" dimensions so they fit nicely into my companion. The first I'm taking with me, and the next three I've stuck in the maps they correspond to, so I can't ruin them before i need them, but I'll get them just when I do. I'm eagerly awaiting the 5th section, if it arrives before monday (when I fly to Atlanta) it'll get stuck in the first VT map! I anticipate these will be a great help planning my town stops and such. Also, I'm a naturally indecisive person, and on occasion get sick of making decisions and just need to be told what to do. Thanks Jack!

Formerly CoralRives
    Images

I'm using it make notations in the Companion itself, maybe save some grams... Awesome stuff Jack! Gracias!
    "Be good and you will be lonesome" M. Twain

There is a road, no simple highway,
    Between the dawn and the dark of night,
    And if you go no one may follow,
    That path is for your steps alone

Default Good news!

Just got back from Duncannon this morning; had the afternoon free, so I just re-wrote Part Five and sent it off to Jollies, who will hopefully clean it up and get it to Troll for posting before too long.

Will add on a list of additions and corrections at some point, but for the moment, it's pretty much done, so I don't have to worry about it for a year or two!!

In any case, I know a lot of you guys are heading out really soon, if not this week, then early in March. Very best wishes to those of you taking off soon, and I hope to see some of you guys out there somewhere.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks SO much Jack, for everything. REALLY appreciate it very much.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Default Part 5 & Complete Booklet

Part 5 is on it's way to attroll. I also completed the entire booklet format that I have been talking about, which I have also sent to attroll for posting. It is composed of all 5 parts combined into one document, organized on half pages, with page numbers. I hope that you will all take a look and find it useful. Great job with all of your hard work Jack!

Journal Entries
    Images

I just added Re-Supply Part 5 to the articles.

Thank you Jack and Jollies for all you have done.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++