WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Images

Well after doing my calculations, I want to go to trail days. If I started the 28 of march I would pass it up. Im going to start in Harpers Ferry right after trail dails and head to Main. Then Flipflop and go from Harpers Ferry to Georgia. I figure I would have more money and be in shape bye the time I hit the big hills up north. MD, PA, New Jersey seems pretty flat. Besides I been spending to much money lately. I will meet up with all the North bounders in a few months. I am so wanting to do this.
    "It's better to try and fail than not to try at all"
    " www.myspace.com/bigfonsie "

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Feeling Great!!!! Heading towards Franklin tomorrow!!!! Gotta get there for my b-day!!! Catch everyone on the trail!!!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Thank you SO much, FD!!! Do dinos like hugs?
    Dinos love hugs !!!

Images

Less than 9 hours I'll be headed up the Approach Trail. Still need to get in there and load my pack. Oh well, I guess I won't get much sleep tonight, but it will make for some good sleeping tomorrow night on the trail. Thanks to all on WhiteBlaze for all the Info. and most of all the hours and hours of entertainment. It made things a lot more bearable while living and working at the Len Foote Hike Inn and being away from my family so much. Made a lot of good friends from WhiteBlaze. Hope to meet a lot more of yall out on the trail this year. Thanks to Sgt. Rock, Dixie Critter, and Attroll for the best Trail related site out there. I'm feeling good and ready to do some hiking. Class of 07 I'll see yall out there, and good luck.
    " You do your thing and I'll do mine"

Default Good Luck!

Good luck Mountain Man - hope the cold weather breaks for you and makes for some good hiking. I won't start for another 19 days (19!!) but hope to run into you on the Trail.
    WhoAh

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Less than 9 hours I'll be headed up the Approach Trail. Still need to get in there and load my pack. Oh well, I guess I won't get much sleep tonight, but it will make for some good sleeping tomorrow night on the trail. Thanks to all on WhiteBlaze for all the Info. and most of all the hours and hours of entertainment. It made things a lot more bearable while living and working at the Len Foote Hike Inn and being away from my family so much. Made a lot of good friends from WhiteBlaze. Hope to meet a lot more of yall out on the trail this year. Thanks to Sgt. Rock, Dixie Critter, and Attroll for the best Trail related site out there. I'm feeling good and ready to do some hiking. Class of 07 I'll see yall out there, and good luck.
    Good hiking Mountain Man!

Any general idea or plan for where you'll be Friday and Sat. night? If I get back in time, I may try to catch up with you.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Thumbs up Gone!

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

I'm so outta here I can't stand it anymore. Im off to Maine. NOW!

A 33 year childhood dream is coming true!

WOO HOO!

Hike like hell!

See you on the Trail,

Big Maguro

Images

Have a good hike, Big Maguro!
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

mountain man and big maguro.....have a great hike! wish i was there to see you guys off! be careful
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Arrow Feelin' badly and it's not just the head cold

I have decided not to Thru Hike in 2007 for at least a couple reasons. 1- is that I adopted a second dog, part golden-shep-lab-&-54-others. I'm going to train her as a Trail Dog and take her on some 15 to 20 day Section Hikes this year. Next year I've planned a 3 month hike from Harpers Ferry north starting in mid June (that is if #2 doesn't detain me). 2- Politics. I don't think I could stand being away from the political scene for six months straight. I think that 2008 will be the year of the "third party" and I want to be in the middle of it. (I was a Goldwater Girl in High School. So was HRC. I find that deliciously personally hilarious.)

Another partial reason is that after I collected all my gear, I suddenly lost interest. Pooof, just like that. I don't know if the "journey was in the planning" or exactly what happened, but I lost interest after I had my pack ready. I just didn't want to pack up my belongings, put them in a storage facility and become homeless.

I will be assisting a few Thru Hikers as they come through Georgia. Once a TrailAngel, always a TrailAngel. (They used to say that of us Republican Goldwater Girls, too.)

Images

Doing the approach on Saturday. Sped things up cause I'm bored.
    "The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him." ~ Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Doing the approach on Saturday. Sped things up cause I'm bored.
    Socrates, how far do you think you will go? Do you feel strong and determined?Remember what the veterans try to tell us: Go easy the first 10 days or more to help prevent injuries and severe pain.Will you have a pack weight below 30 pounds? One good thing, we can all make adjustments to our gear at the Outfitter at Neels Gap if we choose to.
    Keep well and happy hiking!!
    Let us know how you like it as you go along. I leave March 19th so you will be miles ahead but I will look for your shelter journal entries.Leave advice for me and other newbies in the journals.
    Sandalwood

Images

Quote Originally Posted by maxNcathy View Post
    Socrates, how far do you think you will go? Do you feel strong and determined?Remember what the veterans try to tell us: Go easy the first 10 days or more to help prevent injuries and severe pain.Will you have a pack weight below 30 pounds?
    Hmm I feel physically adequate and determined as come hell or high water. Wet, blistered, tired, and/or limping on one foot, I'm going up Katahdin. Taking it easy will be my middle name when I first get out there. There's no rush. I'm a professional procrastinator, but I come through when it counts. And a pack weight below 30 pounds? I laughed so hard, I think I farted. No no, I just weighed it with EVERYTHING packed and I came in right at 40 pounds. That included more than enough food for 4 or 5 days (Which I know is too much.) I'm bringing extra tasties and sharing it with whoever might like to have some until I make it to my first town and then it will be more strict planning. Also included 3 water bottles and a miniature box of Merlot wine equal to about 1 and 1/3 bottles that I plan to have my first night and also share. If not, I'll be fine to consume it on my own. But the pack feels fine on me so no complaints. Minus the wine and extra food, I should be pretty good. And yes, I wll always leave something in the books. I love to write and I love to help!
    "The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him." ~ Schopenhauer

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

We leave in, get this...7 DAYS for the drive from our home in VA to the Hiker Hostel. Yippee for warm weather - hope that means the snow and ice will be mostly gone on the trail.

Doesn't seem possible (esp with everything we have left to do, ugh)

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

We leave in, get this...7 DAYS for the drive from our home in VA to the Hiker Hostel. Doesn't seem possible (esp with everything we have left to do, ugh)
    I look foward to meeting soon then! I hear ya on things left to do. Like I've said, I'm a procrastinator so in the morning, I'm gonna be running around like a freak for this weekend... Cleaning out the truck, returning items, mailing letters, making calls, perfecting my ipod list, etc...

We leave in, get this...7 DAYS for the drive from our home in VA to the Hiker Hostel. Yippee for warm weather - hope that means the snow and ice will be mostly gone on the trail.

Doesn't seem possible (esp with everything we have left to do, ugh)
    Wow, your big adventure is getting really close. I hope the weather is not too crazy for you guys. Have fun!!

Sandalwood

Food packages made up, train ticket bought, can wait to get away from the Rocky Mountain snow machine. Arrive 3/3 or 3/4 depending on Amtrak. Need to arrange shuttle from Gainesville to FS 42. I have hiked the approach trail 3 times.

Antsy. Doing last minute stuff. Stuck here for 2-3 weeks. Then...Oh, Boy!

Waiting to leave to hike the At.. Is the same feeling I had when I was a kid waiting for X-mas.....
    "LOVED OR HATED, BUT NEVER IGNORED"

Thumbs up Have a head/chest cold, but feelin' Much Betta!

I went back to the drawing board (well, actually the "financial board") and I can hike in 2007!!! It just won't be a Thru Hike. I can afford a "halfahike" this year, starting somewhere around Maryland/West Virginia and hiking South to Springer.

Most of y'all will have already passed by that area before I start in mid-summer, but maybe I'll see a few SoBos.

Next year I'll complete the other half of the hike and then I'll do a Thru in 2009 (when I really DO become homeless).

Yeeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa, cough, cough, gasp.
    HapKiDo
    keeeeeeeeyop!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++