WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 06 Hiker Directory

Hi everyone!

So, I'm wanting to put together a directory of people who hiked the trail in 06 so that I can catch up with any folks that I might have missed getting info from. What I'm thinking of is throwing together an Excel file with people's info and then sending that out to whomever replies and gives me their info. If you want to get in on this, send me either a PM or and e-mail at weeksjrATgmail.com (yes, you'll have to replace the "AT" with @.. I do that to help limit spam). At a minimum, please include your:
    Trail Name
    Real Name
    e-mail address

If you want to include other things (phone number, mailing address, website, etc...) feel free.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! Take care all!

Kid's Meal
    aka Weeks

Default Still Going

Hi there. Still trying to get this list together. So far I have only about 40 people... I was hoping for way more than that so, if you're interested, please send me your info. Also, it's morphed into a phone book of sorts so, if you also feel comfortable including your phone number, please do so. You can contact me by private message or by sending an e-mail to weeksjrATgmail.com (replace the "AT" with @). Thanks so much!

Kid's Meal
    aka Weeks

Default almost ready

Ok everyone. I'm getting ready to send out the first installment of the address book that I've put together. I've got just under 70 people so far... not bad but, I'd like it to get a lot bigger than that Again, to keep people's privacy, I'm only going to send the file out to those people who give me their info to put into it. If you like to get in on the action, please read the posts above and follow the instructions. Should be going out in the next few days.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Kid's Meal
    aka Weeks

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Thanks You! I'm sure that we will all love having it!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

kids meal i sent you a PM, i don't know if you got it

Hi Kids Meal,
    Don't forget the ALDHA annual as a source for your list. And of course you could always go to the next Gathering, and when they call out for the Class of '06 to stand up on Friday night you can ask everyone standing for their phine numbers
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

conscientious objector

Default hiker phone book

wolfpaw here i havent gotten a copy of the registry can you get back to me. anyway how it goin man got the shakes yet for springer? peace wolfpaw. [email protected]
    conscientious objector

Default I hiked the AT in 2006...

But I'm not particularly interested in making a point of advertising my real name, let alone putting my e-mail address and phone # out there. If anyone on WB wants to contact me, either a post on a thread I've already posted on and am still following, or a PM, would work fine.

Default 06 thru-hiker

Greetings Kids meal,
    I'm a proud 06 thru-hiker and am getting back out there for a few months this year.
    MARLEY
    kevin heffernan
    [email protected]

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith View Post
    But I'm not particularly interested in making a point of advertising my real name, let alone putting my e-mail address and phone # out there. If anyone on WB wants to contact me, either a post on a thread I've already posted on and am still following, or a PM, would work fine.
    If people knew his real identity then his job as a superhero would be compromised?

Is he Minnesotasmith or Squirrelman?
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Let them scoff all they want...........I was a real pain getting everyones 'real' info but it came in handy the 3,000 times people asked me for the info so they could get back in touch with hikers they met in 06....................so bah humbug you govt plot thinkers...................

Images

LOL I was there just didnt write in all the registers. NOTORIOUS TIC... ) 2007 they got em all... Now get off the computer an hit the woods<:

Default No, Almost...

Quote Originally Posted by Almost There View Post
    If people knew his real identity then his job as a superhero would be compromised?

Is he Minnesotasmith or Squirrelman?
    I just value my privacy. Some of us do that, you know.

Greetings!

Interesting that this thread has been rejuvenated after all this time. I've been curious, Kid's Meal, about what happened to the directory? After all, I've waited Weeks and Weeks for a copy.

I'm thinking I might finish my '06 in Aug/Sept, this year (Hanover to Monson). Anyone else going out?

Hope all you '06ers are well.
    When you get to those unexpected situations in life where it’s difficult to figure something out, just ask yourself, “What would MacGyver do?”
    See ya!
    Rickles McPickles

Images

Wow, first time I saw this thread. I have pics of about 30 '06 NOBOS in my WB photo gallery. I was too freekin' cold and busy to write their names down. Mr. Parkay was one of them and he identified them for me a lot later which I thought was really cool. One of them, O2BEE Hiking, left a card with me that I found a year later in my jacket pocket. When I emailed him he didn't remember me. I got a pic of him, too.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

++ New Posts ++