WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default RSS Feeds and Subscription Forums

Attempt 1.
    I tried using Firefox to create an RSS feed to the Non-AT Forums. This failed. I was left with a blank page when I tried using the orange icon in the address bar of Firefox.

Attempt 2.
    I tried an RSS aggregator service--Newsgator also. The service was unable to connect, even when I supplied my credentials, username Alligator, password Darth .

I used the politics forum as a test
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=358

Any ideas how this might be made to work or what I may be doing wrong? I think the problem is that the Non-AT forums are subscription, but it seemed like supplying my credentials would resolve this.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Default ...pop goes the weasel.

Alligator-"I think the problem is that the Non-AT forums are subscription, but it seemed like supplying my credentials would resolve this."
    "Credentials, we don't need no stinking credentials.." Oops, wrong movie. I think the problem is that you are not allowed to post because you are not a lawyer (or have not stayed at a Holiday Inn).

The fine print: The preceding is meant only as satire, a form of humor and any resemblance between any fur-bearing rodent, living or dead, is purely coincidenctal. BTW, Pogo says 'HI' from the swamp!

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Darn your ornery hide, OF. You made me spray diet Ginger Ale all over my monitor.

Alligator, I can't answer your question but do you have Firefox 2? I'm still on version 1.5.0.8 and was wondering if I should upgrade...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Alligator, I can't answer your question but do you have Firefox 2? I'm still on version 1.5.0.8 and was wondering if I should upgrade...
    Yup, for multiple reasons--silent patching and updating among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    I switched to FF2 because Fitz suggested you could get the RSS feeds. I had the old version but didnt' see the option. If you want the feeds easy I think you need FF2. I usually use Explorer, but I actually like FF better because it has many cool customizable features and add-ins. I just haven't sat down and made the switch. Very busy at the moment, if anyone responds to this thread, I'll check it at a later time.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Thanks. I went ahead and did the upgrade to FF 2.0 I was worried about losing themes and extentions, but they're all compatible.

++ New Posts ++