WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Gripe thread now open.

(_!_)

That moon's for you old Fhart!

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    Oh, I know why. That's why I said I was sad.

The Weasel
    You know what's "sad"?

In the last two weeks you have done more damage to the well being and harmony that has existed on this site for years than all of the trolls that have posted here since I signed up as a member.

...and because of past history, it is being ignored. THAT's sad.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    You know what's "sad"?

In the last two weeks you have done more damage to the well being and harmony that has existed on this site for years than all of the trolls that have posted here since I signed up as a member.
    And ya know what, Weasy? I estimate 90 percent of my fellow posters to Whiteblaze will agree with what is quoted above. 90 percent.

You should probably step back and ask yourself.... why?

And ya know what, Weasy? I estimate 90 percent of my fellow posters to Whiteblaze will agree with what is quoted above. 90 percent.

Do I feel a new poll coming on???

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Do I feel a new poll coming on???
    Let's not do that....

Bfitz-"That moon's for you old Fhart."
    Laughing my (_!_) off!

Images
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Let's not do that....
    I know. Just kidding. That's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    ...the goal of so many others, apparently including you, is to hurt and injury with words, and to feel that it can be done with impunity. It can't. Sometimes things that can hurt, hurt.
    It's often interesting to read how someone else sees things.
    Especially when one has seen the very same thing.
    Allow me to offer this for everyone's consideration:

Once upon a time, there lived six blind men in a village. One day the villagers told them, "Hey, there is an elephant in the village today."

They had no idea what an elephant is. They decided, "Even though we would not be able to see it, let us go and feel it anyway." All of them went where the elephant was. Everyone of them touched the elephant.

"Hey, the elephant is a pillar," said the first man who touched his leg.

"Oh, no! it is like a rope," said the second man who touched the tail.

"Oh, no! it is like a thick branch of a tree," said the third man who touched the trunk of the elephant.

"It is like a big hand fan" said the fourth man who touched the ear of the elephant.

"It is like a huge wall," said the fifth man who touched the belly of the elephant.

"It is like a solid pipe," Said the sixth man who touched the tusk of the elephant.

They began to argue about the elephant and everyone of them insisted that he was right. It looked like they were getting agitated. A wise man was passing by and he saw this. He stopped and asked them, "What is the matter?" They said, "We cannot agree to what the elephant is like." Each one of them told what he thought the elephant was like. The wise man calmly explained to them, "All of you are right. The reason every one of you is telling it differently because each one of you touched the different part of the elephant. So, actually the elephant has all those features what you all said."

"Oh!" everyone said. There was no more fight. They felt happy that they were all right.

http://www.jainworld.com/education/juniors/junles19.htm
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

----------------------------
    Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 12-14-2006 at 10:22. Reason: Had my coffee.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Journal Entries

"In the last two weeks you (The Weasel, I think) have done more damage to the well being and harmony that has existed on this site for years than all of the trolls that have posted here since I signed up as a member."
    I don't know how many agree with you, but the claim that The Weasel damaged the site is absurd. A professional tried to give us some legal advice, all of which struck me as excellent.

A few turned it into a bickering thread, instead. I wish The Weasel had simply ignored the comments and continued. But it wasn't he who did the damage. It was those who rejected both the message (good) and the messenger (wise, knowledgeable, but a bit thin-skinned.)

Weary

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post

Once upon a time, there lived six blind men in a village. One day the villagers told them, "Hey, there is an elephant in the village today."

They had no idea what an elephant is. They decided, "Even though we would not be able to see it, let us go and feel it anyway." All of them went where the elephant was. Everyone of them touched the elephant.

"Oh, no! it is like a thick branch of a tree," said the third man who touched the trunk of the elephant.

"It is like a big hand fan" said the fourth man who touched the ear of the elephant.

"It is like a huge wall," said the fifth man who touched the belly of the elephant.

"It is like a solid pipe," Said the sixth man who touched the tusk of the elephant.

They began to argue about the elephant and everyone of them insisted that he was right. It looked like they were getting agitated. A wise man was passing by and he saw this. He stopped and asked them, "What is the matter?" They said, "We cannot agree to what the elephant is like." Each one of them told what he thought the elephant was like. The wise man calmly explained to them, "All of you are right. The reason every one of you is telling it differently because each one of you touched the different part of the elephant. So, actually the elephant has all those features what you all said."

"Oh!" everyone said. There was no more fight. They felt happy that they were all right.

...and all this time I thought it was like a kielbasa?!!

Images

Talking

Ninety percent of WhiteBlazers don't agree on any issue, much less such a controversial one. That claim is ludicrous hyperbole.

Might be good advice. You should take it.

And all of you should stop stoking the flames. You're looking bad to 90% of us WhiteBlazers! LOL

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Ninety percent of WhiteBlazers don't agree on any issue, much less such a controversial one. That claim is ludicrous hyperbole.

Might be good advice. You should take it.

And all of you should stop stoking the flames. You're looking bad to 90% of us WhiteBlazers! LOL
    OK. Mahnamanha...

Images

the ignore button works quite well also.
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    I don't know how many agree with you, but the claim that The Weasel damaged the site is absurd. A professional tried to give us some legal advice, all of which struck me as excellent.

A few turned it into a bickering thread, instead. I wish The Weasel had simply ignored the comments and continued. But it wasn't he who did the damage. It was those who rejected both the message (good) and the messenger (wise, knowledgeable, but a bit thin-skinned.)

Weary
    Weary, I didn't participate in what went on in the legal thread and still got slammed over and over by this fellow in the political area because he disagreed with my take on GWB. I have no idea what he says now because I have him on ignore and don't peek. I'm not slamming him here - just pointing out that saying his behavior was provoked by what went on in the the legal thread is not entirely true.

Edited to add: judging from the supportive PM's I got - I'd say the 90% mentioned by Austex is in the right range

Austexs-"I estimate 90 percent of my fellow posters to Whiteblaze will agree with what is quoted above. 90 percent.
    The only quibble I have with that statement is that you may be too conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post

Isn't there a funnier version of that story.... ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++