WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

AT Wanderer and '08 Dreamer Kevin A. Boyce's Avatar
    Images

Default The Bascom GrillMasters 7th Annual Hiker Trash Work Party July 20, 21, 22, 2007

Hi all...

We had our first meeting the other night to plan out the The Bascom GrillMasters 7th Annual Hiker Trash Work Party, and instead of our usual 2nd weekend in July dates, we are pushing it out one week to the weekend of the July 20-22, 2007. What this means is for all of you that will be attending the ATC event at Ramapo will have the chance to come on over if you want as that event ends on July 20.

We have lots of activities planned, the main one being installing a new bridge, as well as some new waterbars and about 100feet of puncheons near the shelter.

All are welcome even if you have no experience or you have more tools then Norm from 'This Old House'. Please watch this thread in the future for updates and information.

See you all on the Trail!
    KevBoy

Images

Perfect! I'll be there !
    See ya out there !
    Thanks Kevin!
    PEACE!
    FF
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

AT Wanderer and '08 Dreamer Kevin A. Boyce's Avatar
    Images

Default UPDATE On the Work Project

Hello everyone, we are well into final preps to start the new bridge project!

I want to thank LL Bean and the Mid Hudson Chapter of the ADK for both providing us with a grant and some funds! And more importantly, Central Hudson Gas and Electric with the telephone poles that we will need to use as stringers.

Things are coming along now, and we will have our first work day in March to get the site work started. We have posted information in the latest ALDHA newsletter, and I will update here as things progress.

Best wishes for a happy and safe hiking year to everyone! See you in July!

KevBoy

Images

Do you have a date picked for that March work day. If it's a day I can make I'd be glad to come lend a hand. come to think of it, while I'm there I might as well lend both hands

Hi Bascomgillmaster Here,
    We will be down to RPH Cabin on Saturday March 17th.About 8am or so until 4pm.Digging out the south side for cribbing plus,rock work for the stream bed. All so we are down there every first and third Saturday of the month. Please look at our web site timtek.mikentim.com lots of info about the project there.
    Bring tools for digging.Plan to get Muddy
    Thank Very Much,
    Tim

HI All Bascomgrill master here,
    We have been down to RPH Cabin on every Saturday at 8am or so.Looks that way until August.Come on down and lend us a hand.All are welcome.
    Thanks for your help.
    Tim

++ New Posts ++