WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

. . . ummmm yeah Beater. Except that I caught your act in a few towns along the way. Entertaining as hell but the part about guilt by association. . . . . hmmm. I think your story is full of holes.

Shut up towelie, you're nothing but a goddam towel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    You're a towel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wanna get high?

Default Finished up...

Since our names got mentioned, it should be said that Pi (me) and Laces finished up on 12/12. The last .9 from the road to Springer, we listed names of people we met along the way. There were more than we could say even doing that last mile as slowly as we did. Like that song Miss J played at Thanksgiving says, "the people are the trail."

Hope any SOBOs behind us are staying warm. Anyone from AT06 thinking PCT08 yet?

--Pi

Journal Entries
    Images

CONGRATULATIONS, Pi !!!!! Glad to hear you and Laces made it!!!! And you're already planning for the PCT...

See you on the trail (again),
    mt squid

Quote Originally Posted by murphyw View Post
    Since our names got mentioned, it should be said that Pi (me) and Laces finished up on 12/12. The last .9 from the road to Springer, we listed names of people we met along the way. There were more than we could say even doing that last mile as slowly as we did. Like that song Miss J played at Thanksgiving says, "the people are the trail."

--Pi
    Awesome!!!! Congratulations!! I was chasing you thru NY/NJ and a bit beyond... about two days behind you. Enjoyed the register entries. Too bad I couldn't catch up, but you guys were movin.'

Default Thought I'd wiegh in

Its Laces, checking in to say that yes indeed Pi and I finished up on the 12th. All of our dillydallying finally ended on the night of the 7th at Standing Indian shelter. It was really really cold and hence a motivator to get down to the end of the trail. Good luck to all Sobos still out there. ANd to those who've wieghed in on this thread, its great to see you pop up again.
    -Laces

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    . . . ummmm yeah Beater. Except that I caught your act in a few towns along the way. Entertaining as hell but the part about guilt by association. . . . . hmmm. I think your story is full of holes.
    Hey, for the record, I wasn't among those sleeping in the hallway and puking in the garbage can.

--Pi
    Actually Pi, yes I (Beater) have been thinking about it. Especially after reading the entire Yogi's pct book at Kincora.
    And since there's a limited window for the PCT, maybe I could keep up with you, seeing that consistent miles seem to be mandatory to avoid nasty weather.

Default Pi, met you at Katahdin Peak

Congratulations Pi and Laces. Pi, I met you at Katahdin Peak so it's nice to hear that you and Laces finished. I kept track of your register entries through Dalton, where I left the trail. You're actually in one of my Katahdin pictures - sitting behind th sign if you'd like a copy.
    Heading back out this June 1st from Katahdin - headed toward Springer - just happy to be on the trail.
    Good luck to both of you.

Default Rogues

Quote Originally Posted by spittinpigeon View Post
    Hey, for the record, I wasn't among those sleeping in the hallway and puking in the garbage can.
    Wasn't it peeing in the hallway and sleeping in the garbage can? Or was that Minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Wasn't it peeing in the hallway and sleeping in the garbage can? Or was that Minutes?
    No, I only pee in the shower, and I only cry on the privy.

Default Chuck Norris wouldn't cry

Quote Originally Posted by spittinpigeon View Post
    No, I only pee in the shower, and I only cry on the privy.
    That's just shameful, you wouldn't see Chuck Norris crying on the privy would you?
    Did I congratulate you on your hike yet? PM me.

Images

Since our names got mentioned, it should be said that Pi (me) and Laces finished up on 12/12.

--Pi

Congratulations!

I've been staying warm enough so far. I'll see how it goes after the Christmas break, when I do the Fontana-Springer bit.

Endos (the hiker formerly known as Snapshot) is thinking of doing the PCT in '08.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Images

Quote Originally Posted by StarLyte View Post
    HEY FANNYPACK !

Yes.....I too am following Marta.....I am so proud of her.
    Thanks! I've been having a good time with it, except when the PocketMail acts up and loses the stuff I just spent an hour or more composing. Grrrrr.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Thumbs up

I've passed most of the SOBO's on the southern half of my NOBO flip-flop thru hike. I started in Springer on 10/18 and finished in Harper's Ferry on 12/22. If anyone is still trying to figure out where specific SOBO's are, just let me know who and I'll tell you where I last saw them. Lots of awesome people still on the trail.

SuperDave

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave06 View Post
    I've passed most of the SOBO's on the southern half of my NOBO flip-flop thru hike. I started in Springer on 10/18 and finished in Harper's Ferry on 12/22. If anyone is still trying to figure out where specific SOBO's are, just let me know who and I'll tell you where I last saw them. Lots of awesome people still on the trail.

SuperDave
    I guess that means you finished???....Congratulations!!!
    Stumpknocker
    Appalachian Trail is 35.9% complete.

i was out hiking for a few days in georgia this past week and ran into two sobo's yesterday a mile or so south of dick's creek gap- mark and twain. they're a husband and wife team (i'd say in their sixties) who started south on august 1st and are hoping to finish this coming sunday or monday. really nice folks and a real pleasure to chat with.

if anyone is around sunday or monday, you should head out and welcome them to springer....
    Grizzly Adam

WACphotography | Blog

Images

Default Congrats to Five Leaf Clover (Marta)

I saw on trail journals that Five Leaf Clover finished her SOBO (or as she refered to it a time or two her SLOBO) yesterday. Three Cheers and Congrats to her.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by khaynie View Post
    Does anyone know the whereabouts on the 06 SOBO's?

hopefully @ home in bed...recuperating!
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

Images

Mark 'N Twain should finish this weekend. Beater and Fishy T should be at the SoRuck this weekend, and will finish in a couple of weeks. I made it to Springer yesterday at 3:30.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++