WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Nature View Post
    Now that the leaves are just about all down and he's declared a winner in his annual leaf catching contest he's getting serious...Stumpknocker should be finishing his 2006 hike at the Homeplace sometime around Dec 7-10. I am sure this is one hike he will be glad to get behind him!!!

MN
    Hi Mother Nature,I picked up Bottle today and he is staying in Franklin tonight.Ron

I was down at Eckville yesterday visiting Lazee and talked to a SOBO'er who gave me some recent news on some hikers.
    Unfortunately I forget the guys name i talked to, he started at Katahdin and is going to Springer. I wrote the rest of what he said down so i could update this thread for you all.

So, as of Wed. Nov 28, 2006, TUNDRA MAN & ICE WOOKIE (who have a website he told me) are 3 days south of Eckville.

DUCT TAPE (who flipped?) should be finishing in Port Clinton today.

CHASE is aprox 2 weeks ahead

EZ FEELIN 2 weeks ahead.

ECLIPSE 1 1/2 weeks ahead.

Behind him (no name but I remember his name had Mountain in it???) is THISTLE and DOC NARLY

I've heard there were people way back there, I like knowing I'm not last. Does anyone know the location of Fisherman Tom (Fishy-T) or Mr. Natural and Buddha? Fishy-T was ahead, but stopped writing in registers, and I think Buddha and Natural may have taken more time off in Roanoke than I did, putting them behind me.

Images

Beater,
    not heard from Buddah..
    Where are you at right now? All is well I hope...
    Dude

Southbound from way north! Supernova's Avatar
    Images

Default SOBO Crowd

I know it's a bit late but I'm just getting back on to the computer tonight. The 18th of November I saw the biggest group of sobos that I belive could ever exist south of harper's Ferry. There were 13 of us in the parking lot at USFS 42.

(sp?) Supernova, KIngfish, Goldbond, Boots, Kansas, DR. Rudder, Cats, Dorothy, Jimmy Legs, Link, Easyrider, Riels, Book

I'll post a pic up here somewhere.(Book will be missing cause he came in a bit late)

Images

SUPERNOVA!!
    good to hear from you man.. It's The Dude. Can't thank you enough for the kind note you left for me and Shanghi in Gorham! Great to hear your still trucking.. We'll talk again!! REMEMBER MAINE!!
    Peace
    Dude

Default Super Dave

Sorry for my tardiness in posting this. I did a 2-day/1 night hike in Central Virginia last week. On Wednesday, Dec. 6, I met Super Dave hiking north. He would have spent that night at Punchbowl Shelter. He's a flipflopper of sorts (hiked first from Harpers Ferry to Katahdin, then started at Springer to hike north). He's from Indiana and is not the Super Dave who provides Trail Magic about 120 miles south of here nor is he the Super Dave who hiked the PCT last year.

I guess I am a SOBO...this has been the strangest thru-hike I have ever done. I started SOBO to DWG and then flipped and hiked from Springer to Kincora Hostel where I got really sick. I just got discharged from the VA Hospital in Johnson City, Tn and will continue NOBO to DWG. This years group of SOBO have been great and it was great to meet all the people mentioned above. Anyway, I'll be back on the trail Wednesday 12/13. Take Care All!!

Just Jim

Images

I am the hiker that gave information to fiddlehead at Eckerville shelter. Currently 20 miles south of Harpers Ferry and cruising right along. Eckerville is a heck of a shelter! electricity and everything!
    Early Bird ME -> GA

usually confused but never lost Fannypack's Avatar

Default Marta - AT06 SOBO - near Smokies

I have enjoyed reading Marta's hike SOBO or SLoBO, as she calls her AT06 hike, http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=163773 . Read most of it this morning... Sounds like she will be in the Smokies this weekend..... Email her: [email protected] , if u would like to be part of her hike... Snapshot, http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=196560 , is also hiking with her....

I'm rooting for Laces and Pi, if only because I was following them in the registers this summer through NY/NJ and northern PA. Never caught them or met them, though.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin_too View Post
    I'm rooting for Laces and Pi, if only because I was following them in the registers this summer through NY/NJ and northern PA. Never caught them or met them, though.
    Yes they're out there.....sort of got stuck at Janet's (I love it) around Thanksgiving. Great couple! I posted a picture of them too.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fannypack View Post
    I have enjoyed reading Marta's hike SOBO or SLoBO, as she calls her AT06 hike, http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=163773 . Read most of it this morning... Sounds like she will be in the Smokies this weekend..... Email her: [email protected] , if u would like to be part of her hike... Snapshot, http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=196560 , is also hiking with her....
    HEY FANNYPACK !

Yes.....I too am following Marta.....I am so proud of her.

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin_too View Post
    Laces and Pi have to be long done by now (as most of the SOBOS are). I'm at Miss Janet's right now, and they were more than a month ahead of me.
    My SOBO number at the ATC was 76. I was joking that that would be the number of zeros I would take. Sadly, I'm only around a dozen short of that.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by spittinpigeon View Post
    I've heard there were people way back there, I like knowing I'm not last. Does anyone know the location of Fisherman Tom (Fishy-T) or Mr. Natural and Buddha? Fishy-T was ahead, but stopped writing in registers, and I think Buddha and Natural may have taken more time off in Roanoke than I did, putting them behind me.
    Do you know if Mr. Natural still had a dog with him? I think her name was Mocha. I shared some oreos with Natural in Saddlebacks during the summer. I'm glad to hear he's still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    Do you know if Mr. Natural still had a dog with him? I think her name was Mocha. I shared some oreos with Natural in Saddlebacks during the summer. I'm glad to hear he's still out there.
    He didn't have the dog anymore, I don't know where he is anymore. Hopefully he's still out there.

Default natural and buddha

I happen to know someone who has Natural's and Buddha's e-mail addresses.

So Beater, I think the more intriguing question is whatever became of Minutes?

Images

Hey Warraghiyagey, hook me up with Buddah's email adress!!!
    Beater, have fun at Miss Janet's.. good luck with the rest of your hike...

Warraghiyagey, remember when we almost burnt down Shaw's??? oops...
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
    Henry David Thoreau

Minutes and I hiked together until Bennington. He had broken his toe, and stayed at the Birdcage for about a week or so with Buddah, Natural, and Bandaloop.
    When I got to the Doyle, Minutes came to visit from home, and a bunch of other people showed up. A lot of trouble ensued, and my reputation was tarnished at many places I showed up, including questioning by park rangers. It was a guilty by association kinda deal. Fun story though

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++