WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

slider

Default Parking @ Dicks Creek

After my break-in at Unico.. I am concerned about leaving my car at Dicks Creek.. the next section of my hike. What is the parking area history..Is there a safe place that I can leave the car and be able to get to it on finishing my trip..?

I left my car there overnight on 3/15-3/16 with no problems. No problems with past stays there, either.

slider

the reason you were safe is because that is the same time they were breaking into my car and others at Unico...guess they were so happy with what they got from me they decided to call it a day.

I parked at Dicks Creek Gap this weekend. No problems. I was really worried before I left after reading the other thread on problems at Unicoi Gap. I stopped in to the Blue Berry Patch and talked to Lennie. She said there had only been one break-in at Dicks Creek Gap in the last five years that she knew of.

I left my car there last week with no problems except for the mice. They had a field day in my trunk with some paper towells and our food stache. It might not be a bad idea to leave some throw away mouse traps in your car here.

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Default Dicks Creek

From personal experience ...just make sure and pay the $2 parking fee. The fine for not paying it and having a valid sticker in your window is $25 ...and they DO come to collect it.

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

++ New Posts ++