WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I could save the $ of my train ticket ($520.00 big ones!) and just ride down with her and her husband.
    Couldn't you find anything cheaper than $520 for a one way trip. You could probably fly to Hawaii for that kind of money.

Panzer

Hi!!
    I'm planning on starting late Jan/early Feb. Solo going North. I plan on hiking 10 to 15 a day. I hope to get as far as I can by the middle of May. I have a two week cruise planned. When I get back, I plan to pick up where I left off.

Maribeth

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Default Onward to Katahdin!

Hello all,
    I will be leaving solo NB on March 12th from Springer. Looking forward to good times,great places, and meeting folks from all over the country and world that share the same dream. I hike every day to get in decent hiking shape(although they say nothing can COMPLETELY do this).

Got all that I need as far as gear, will buy along the way except for replacement equipment and supplies being sent a few times from a friend. I wish the time would pass faster! I guess having about 4 months to do pretty much nothing but hike is a blessing for sure.

Looking forward to doubling back from wherever I am to go to Damascus. I hear it's like Woodstock of 1969.
    I can't watch the videos or read anymore books. It's just time to go.

Images

Rhettamus
    Fontana Dam 2 week in march
    hiking with Long Leaf
    Rhettamus
    GA-06

Default Early Bird

NOBO Starting @ March 25 from Springer. Solo, at least for now. I'll probably do about 15 miles/day. Hope to finish some time in Sept. Trail Journal found here: http://www.trailjournals.com/cumberlandvalley/
    Early Bird 2007

Hey y'all. This is Paul Bunyan here. Me, Scipper, and Bliffful will be heading out around march first. Getting excited about it, hope to y'all NOBOs on the trail.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
    Hey y'all. This is Paul Bunyan here. Me, Scipper, and Bliffful will be heading out around march first. Getting excited about it, hope to y'all NOBOs on the trail.
    You can tell he has a cold right now....

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Solo? maybe, doesnt matter anyway. SOBO in june 07, can't believe how close it is getting. How good it will feel to go from busting my butt in college to hiking everyday...
    MEGA'07'

Hi mrHappy my name is jeff i plan on starting on jan 1 too see you out their

Hi my name is Jeff I will be starting my thur-hike on or around jan 1 2007 mabye a few days later see ever one out on the trail can't wait Geting closed by the day only 63 days left

Images

Default 2007 Tru-Hiker Registry

Hi, I am trying to get my act together for an early January start NOBO. My starting goal is 1 January so I can be on Springer for New Years Eve. I also would like to start early enough to "walk" into the SO Ruck at NOC between 13 and 16 January.

I have to hike in segments as I have a few "past" medical issues that still need frequent follow-up exams. I am getting an early start so I don't run out of time. I should have at least 2 months to hike at a time, sometimes more, then go home for the follow-up exams. I am trying to work out some local exams but that isn't going to well. After the exams I would head back to the trail a few months and repeat the follow-up exam schedule etc etc till I am on Katahdin.

I did a test hike in early October - the Georgia Loop - that went very well so I should be ready.

Images

Default 2007

I'm thinking I may show up at Springer sometime around mid-April for yet another summer in the sun. Can't seem to get it out of my system! Could be worse things to be addicted to.
    GA - NJ 2001; GA - ME 2003; GA - ME 2005; GA - ME 2007; PCT 2006

A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.
    —SPANISH PROVERB

I'll be walking from Georgia to Maine starting march 27th on the approach trail.

I should be heading NOBO starting around March 1. Have to finish by the beginning of July for work.

Still looking for a way to get down to Springer to start things... maybe I'll see some of you out there
    Cheers
    Gut

Default Heading North March 27

I have a one way plane ticket to Atlanta that puts me on the AT on my 57th birthday on March 27. That is the day I will start. So if you head north on 3/27, I'll be there and I'll be friendly. Looking forward to the whole thing. I trust you through hikers will give me a real good name. I live in Maine and hope to walk home by the time Baxter State Park closes to overnight use on Oct. 15, or maybe I'll be there earlier. It is going to be great.

Tom Jamrog
    Class of '97

Smile Third Times a Charm going for a Fourth Time

Arriving in Gainesville, on Amtrak March 3rd in the morning. Will be hiking north till I get to Katahdin. I'm 57 and slow as a snail. Hope to get to the end by October 15th. So when you fly by me on the trail say hello and let me know who you are.

I'm taking the train from Denver, CO so I might just a shuttle to the top of Springer this time. I have hike the approach trail twice and I got to do a road walk in the blizzard of 93'.

Third Times a Charm

AT 93',94' GA, WV>NH 97'

I'm throwing my hat in the ring again. Second try here and I can not wait to get back out there. April 2nd for my start date
    2005 "No Legs" Springer to Clingman's
    2007 SloFar/DrClaw - GA-NJ

Default April 1'st, 2007

23, m, MA.

I'm planning on setting out on April 1'st, 2007, Georgia, NOBO. Going all the way, or at least until I'm out of money or dead. Starting 10 miles a day, probably, gradually going a little further until I get into a routine of (hopefully) about 20 miles a day. Going solo, but wouldn't mind hooking up to split a campfire and some good stories here and there.

I'm still in planning, and very much in training, but I can't wait!

Looking to bs w/ people about the trail, so feel free to im me on aim, at BroadswordMan. Or you can see what a geek I am at http://www.myspace.com/28483560.

Hope to hear from some people, and I'll see you on the trail!

Orin

"We have not seen the Orin in a verry looong tiime...."

Smile April 1'st, 2007

23, m, MA.

I'm planning on setting out on April 1'st, 2007, Georgia, NOBO. Going all the way, or at least until I'm out of money or dead. Starting 10 miles a day, probably, gradually going a little further until I get into a routine of (hopefully) about 20 miles a day. Going solo, but wouldn't mind hooking up to split a campfire and some good stories here and there.

I'm still in planning, and very much in training, but I can't wait!

Looking to bs w/ people about the trail, so feel free to im me on aim, at BroadswordMan. Or you can see what a geek I am at http://www.myspace.com/28483560.

Hope to hear from some people, and I'll see you on the trail!

Orin

----------------------------------------

"We have not seen the Orin in a verry looong tiime...."
    -The Neverending Story

sorry, don't know how it happened, but i somehow made an evil clone of my post!

Not that cloning is inherently evil.

Not like snakes or something...

But I'm pretty sure that the clone is evil.

I mean... How could it not be? Right?

I mean... if I went around... saying I was an emperor... Just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!!!

I digress.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++