WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Images

:banana 2007 Tru-Hikers registry

You can post your information here for others to view. So we all know who is hiking when and when we would be ableto meet up with the people webecame friendly with.

start date(month and day if known)/starting location/Northbound or southbound/ Expected miles per day
    *any additional info is always welcome

Images

Default 2007 hiker

Solo hiker starting March 1st/Springer Georgia/Northbound thru-hike/between 12 and 20miles a day

Sandalwood, here heading north about March 15th.

I am keeping in mind that if 20 hikers are with me on Spring a grand total of 2 hikers on average will make it to Katahdin the same year.
    So the starting gate is NO place to get my nose up in the air about myself as a thruhiker.

Mister Pooh here. Solo hiker, leaving Springer NOBO the week of 24-28 March (haven't figured out details yet).

I would like to finish sometime in September, so I'm not looking at heavy miles, especially at the start. I think my middle aged butt has a good chance of making it, but we'll see. I'll definitely give it my best!
    The older I get, the more I want to know.

Images

Default Buckles, here.

Solo/March 15/Springer, no approach trail/Northbound, duh/As many miles as a feel like each day (but I usually do 15/day in north GA)

Is it March 15, yet?
    "Don't worry...even if things end up a bit too heavy...we'll all float on... all right."
    - Modest Mouse

2007 hopeful

I have no name yet, figured I'd get named on the trail ... moved my start date up to march 13th. Thats the plan anyway, we'll see how the money situation is. going solo NOBO. Basically just winging it. Can't wait to see everybody out there.

Solo, NOBO, not doing approach trail (done that, got the T-shirt, ain't gonna do it again....), leaving Springer sometime between March 17th - 24th
    WhoAh

Images

Solo (A friend of mine is planning on hiking with me but I'm not sure of his of dedication yet), SOBO, starting on July 4th, 2007. Planning on covering 150 miles per week (25 miles per day with one easy day per week).

I Will Be Starting Around Mid-april Heading Nobo. I Am Currently Studying The Hiker And Guide Info And Tips On This Great Site And Preparing Mail Drops And Saving Money. When Spring Semester Is Over, I'll Be Headed To North Georgia To Start And Hopefully Pursue A Dream. Hope To See You All There!!!!
    It is the doom of man that we forget..remember, there is no someday........

Starting approx. 15 march, flip-flop, hf south then hf north. this works for me due to son's graduation end of may.

I'll meet y'all on the way down and then join you going north again.

good luck to all.
    Semper Fi and 73's,

G. L. Cooper
    K0OPG (Amateur Extra)
    Mountains of WV

Hi everybody, I am a solo starting on March 6, my 43rd bday. Going nobo. This is my first try so I am going slow and easy to start. Hope to see you all on the trail for this great adventure!

Hiking with my sister (unless one of us cops out, then it will be a solo)/leaving about April 1/approach trail/NOBO/slow start and will speed up hopefully when we get our trail legs.

Solo starting on March 9th on the Springer Approach Trail/NOBO/My miles a day will depend on how I feel etc...

Hope to see you all out there.

Looks like Mon., March 19th for me if things go as planned.
    Sandalwood

Default Trying again....

GA - Partnership Shelter, VA - 523 miles in 2004
    GA - Rock Gap, Franklin NC & Hot Spring - Shenandoah National Park 760 miles in 2005

Am trying again as a Thru-hiker for estimate date, March 12 from Amicalola Falls State Park.

Flash Hand

Im 22 (23 when i start)/solo/NOBO/20+ per day/no trailname yet/will not be doing approach/ March 12 start date?

Images

Default When I Will Be Free!!!

--NOBO
    --Solo
    --March 15 (hopefully w/my new friend Buckles for a few days until he outruns me!! )
    --No approach if I have that option
    --Hmmm...# of miles? 35 per day at first, then 50 per day after first week.....NOT
    How about around 8 per day to start, and only my body will tell me after that
    --I'll be turning 34 on the trail, and I wish someone would give me some coma-inducing medication so that I could just sleep until March!!
    --No trail name yet, wanting to earn it on the trail so I can tattoo it on my body afterwards (that is not a joke actually)
    The Most Important Things In Life Are Not Things....

Images

Starting March 17th from Amicalola and heading up to the Len Foote Hike Inn for the night. On to the AT the next morning. A friend is also attempting the whole trail with me. As for as daily miles, who knows? Probably just go from shelter to shelter sometimes and just stop when I feel like stopping sometimes. Hope to see all of yall out there.
    I've noticed several from Georgia and around the Southeast going in 2007, and if any of yall want to get together and do some day hikes, backpacking trips, or just get together over supper and talk trail sometime this year just let me know. Good Luck and I hope you all fulfill your dream.

Images

shooting for the 23rd or 24th of april heading NOBO with my son. we are flying out after his 14th birthday which is on the 21st of april.

we plan on starting out doing 13-17 miles per day.

Solo going North starting sometime around March 1st and I will be hiking between 15 and 20 miles a day. I can't wait to get out and meet you all.

Matt

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++