WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Hikernutt here, Solo NOBO starting around March 15? 2007 hopefully picking up with Mountain Man, starting out slow & easy in the biginning and hoping to pick up miles later, will be giving my best shot at going all the way. Be glad to meet ya'll. Hikernutt

Well it's officially official. Paperwork was signed today by all necessary parties and I now have an excused leave from work between March 18th and Sept 30th. I'm supposed to be back to work on Oct 1st, but we will see how that goes... Time to look at plane tickets. Plan is to fly to Atlanta on the 18th and have the Hiker Hostel pick me up. I'll stay the night then start this adventure on the 19th. I will probably do the Approach Trail. I figure if I have to walk down Katahdin, I might as well walk up Springer. I plan to take advantage of all my time off and am in no hurry to get to Maine. To finish in 180 days (giving me about 2 weeks to adjust to non-trail life upon return) I have to average 12 miles a day which is quite doable.
    See y'all in 111 days. Peace - Hungus

2 in party, Chris and Kaylene. Starting Mid-march, probably just after the 18th as that's my parents 25th Anniversary. Going NB from Spring, doing the Approach trail. On the AT home (PA) we do about 10 miles a day, so we'll probably do 8 in Georgia since I hear it's rough, and work our way up to 15-20. ETA Katahdin 4-7 months... we really aren't picky! This is our second try - last year tragedy struck right before we we're about to hit the trail, causing us to cancel. This year, NOTHING is stopping us! Can't wait to see you all out there!

OK now it is super ultimately officially official. Plane tix purchased from EWR to ATL and Joshua and Leigh from the Hiker Hostel contacted. No turning back now! This calls for a dancing banana...

From PA moved to Marquette MI, ontop of the Northern Country Trail

the bananas don't dance anymore for me
    There’s no point in the destination if you can't enjoy the journey.

From PA moved to Marquette MI, ontop of the Northern Country Trail

by the way totaly awsome K-Man.

There’s no point in the destination if you can't enjoy the journey.

Third Times A Charm, will arrive Gainesville, GA via Amtrak on March 3rd. I will be 57 when I start and we can celebrate my birthday in Hanover, NH on August 10th. I'm taking the train from Denver via Chicago and D.C.

This will be my 4th time, the last time was 10 years ago, so I'll be a little slower. Welcome to all, stop and say hello as you blow by me.

Enjoy the journey and you will reach your destination.
    A little reminder: No Pain, No Rain, No Maine

Images

Nokia here. Again. March 15thish. We'll see how far. As many know I don't care how far, how fast. Just love the trail!!! Miss u all!

Default 2007 Sobo

Hey,
    Will probably be leaving Katahdin first week of June, 2007. Hiked from Katahdin to Dalton, Mass - by the way Tom Lavardi's grace and kindness is inspiring - this summer, 2006 with the Mobsters. I considered just finishing from there next year but I don't think I could miss Maine, NH and Vermont.
    So I think I'll just start over and enjoy the whole thru-hike. Just can't miss the experience above the tree line. Hope to see you there Duderino - The Dude.

Peace,
    Warraghiyagey

Thouht I would finally post here. This is my second attempt at a thru hike. In 2005 I started at Katahdin, but I wasn't ready yet mentally and physically. Everything was about making in to georgia, nothing else mattered. Well, nearly two years have passed and things have changed. Having everyone else know what I'm doing isn't important now, probably why I havn't posted in this thread yet. I just want to go and hike, i don't care who else cares. I would love to make it to Katahdin again, but its ok if I dont. I think I do have a better chance of making it this time

So, my boyfriend (with a whole one night of backpacking experience) and I are leaving Springer on March 1st. We plan to have the trail completed by August 15 so that we can make it back to school in the fall.
    The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. - John Muir

:banana Odd section hike to begin in January

Since my husband and I live just an hour west of NOC, I will begin a series of 5-6 day stints on the AT, NOBO beginning with the Approach Trail, in mid-January 2007. My purpose for hiking is to 1) enjoy being out in the woods and 2) lose some weight. I won't be killing myself mileage wise. Given my current fitness level it will likely be 8-12 miles per day. Brave will drive me to the trailhead/road crossing on Sunday afternoon and pick me up at a designated road crossing Friday night or Saturday morning. That will leave us the weekend to re-connect and for me to rest/laundry/re-supply. That's the plan, anyway. I certainly won't be heading out into any major storm or staying out if I feel at all over my head. I'll hike till I'm done. Who knows when that will be?

See y'all out there!

Squaw

i everone well my starting date been push back it is now Feb 3 2007 well give more time to check out my gear and break in my boots see ya out their

Default solo with dog

starting at the beginning of March NOBO. Hiking with my dog. Any other dog owners?

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Welcome to WB's and hope to meet you on the Trail next year, take care.

Frieden and Ed - World Explorer Team frieden's Avatar

We will have to bow out of the Class of 2007. Ed's hip xray wasn't pretty. We are considering hiking as far as we can every year, and doing the AT in sections. Hope to meet some of you out there! Be safe. --Frieden and Ed.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by frieden View Post
    We will have to bow out of the Class of 2007. Ed's hip xray wasn't pretty. We are considering hiking as far as we can every year, and doing the AT in sections. Hope to meet some of you out there! Be safe. --Frieden and Ed.
    So sorry to hear that but glad you can do the sections which is just as good! I will also be doing sections in 2008 with my hubby who has to stay home while my son and I go next year. That way he can be a 2,000 miler. Take care.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Default 2007 Hiker

Female 35 Going North Starting around March 15th ish

hey everyone, keith here from kentucky, i'll be heading out solo on march 5th. Did have a partner but she backed out, anyone feel like getting to know me then send me a pm. plan to start out pretty slow down in GA and take my time heading north. See everyone out there!!!

No-Name NOBO from springer March 15th-ish.....

- Ian

laid back eccentric progressive minded queer turkeyjerky's Avatar

SOLO, NOBO, March 20, about 15 miles a day, I live and work in Yosemite nt. Pk. as a backpacking guide, taking 6 months off work to start a dream of hiking the USA's big 3 in the next 5 years, starting with the appalachian. Turkeyjerky is my give trail name, real name is McCray. I'm a super laid back eccentric progressive minded queer! Holler at me if you have questions. SEE YA'LL ON THE TRAIL

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++