WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Excel

Default Excel

Why cant I cut and paste an excel document on Whiteblaze and have it readable? It pastes, but when you preview it is garbage. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Let me know.

You can't put tables in normal threads.

Images

Capture the desired table section with a graphic capture program like SnagIt (my favorite) and upload the jpg with your post.
    BigToe
    Men have become the tools of their tools.

Images

Yes, there is no good way to do what you are trying to do.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by View
    Why cant I cut and paste an excel document on Whiteblaze and have it readable? It pastes, but when you preview it is garbage. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Let me know.
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 96pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=128 border=0 x:str><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 height=17>column1</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>column2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>row1</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>row2</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Who says you can not cut and paste excel documents on to WhiteBlaze. I just did it. You have to make sure the forum that you are posting in has HTML code turned on. You can do this by going into the forum you want to post in and scrolling to the bottom of the forum and you should see a block like the one below. If it says "HTML code is on" then you can paste excel documents in the thread unless they are very large documents. Most of our forums have HTML code turned off for security reasons. In fact all the forums should have it turned off except the gear review forums and the article forums. You may find some that we missed in the past but those should be the only forums that have HTML code turned on.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width=180 border=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=thead>Posting Rules </TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY id=collapseobj_forumrules><TR><TD class=alt1 noWrap>You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may post attachments
    You may edit your posts
    <HR>vB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is On

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Default Gear Review

I just went to the 'gear review' and it has the HTML turned off. Who can turn it on?

Make it a word doc, a pdf, or put it in a zip file. Admin (Attroll or SGT Rock) will probably change it for you so I have to go back and change what this originally said.
    Last edited by Alligator; 06-16-2006 at 12:16.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by View
    I just went to the 'gear review' and it has the HTML turned off. Who can turn it on?
    I just went and turned it on. You should be all set now.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Default Great

Thanks for changing that! It looks great now!

++ New Posts ++