WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shoe glue- small

During my SOBO flip last fall the soles on my trail runners all came loose. I had good success regluing them. I also applied tape to hold in place. While duck tape won't stick for long, if you glue it to the shoe/sole it lasts hundreds of miles. Main issue was the toe. I need a small amount of "shoe goo" or another brand to carry on my NOBO flop starting May 26 at DWG. Super glue does not work. I can find mini tubes at Amazon but they are pricey at $9/4 tubes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Any other recommendations?

You could probably sell the extra tubes to other hikers with shoe problems on the trail.

I always used Freesole which I'm pretty sure was bought out and this is now the exact same thing: https://www.gearaid.com/products/aqu...-adhesive-shoe

It's a urethane formula and I always had great results. Only problem is reusing... with age it starts to get hard from the cap in no matter what you do with the cap. If it's old I can sometimes get another use by cutting the foil where it's soft and squeezing it out. They also make the only tent seam sealer I would use which is also a urethane formula.

edit - sorry missed the small tube part. If your getting resupplies sent anywhere maybe you could have one sent or find some little air tight bottles the size you want that will work and try not to make a mess...
    Last edited by LazyLightning; 04-09-2024 at 18:07.
    NoDoz
    nobo 2018 March 10th - October 19th
    -
    I'm just one too many mornings and 1,000 miles behind

Quote Originally Posted by skidhiker View Post
    During my SOBO flip last fall the soles on my trail runners all came loose. I had good success regluing them. I also applied tape to hold in place. While duck tape won't stick for long, if you glue it to the shoe/sole it lasts hundreds of miles. Main issue was the toe. I need a small amount of "shoe goo" or another brand to carry on my NOBO flop starting May 26 at DWG. Super glue does not work. I can find mini tubes at Amazon but they are pricey at $9/4 tubes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Any other recommendations?
    During my desert hikes in the Middle East, I found another solution to fix lose soles:

U-clamp bent.JPG Shoe_repair.JPG

If you want to go the glue way, you may be lucky if you're using an Exped airpad: They provide a small tube of PU glue right in the pack sack. And due to the fact that this PU stuff will harden over longer time, its good advice to use & replace it eventually.

Images

On an AT section hike in NY I had the same problem. Stopped at a convenience store and bought a 1 oz. tube of rubber cement. Worked pretty well, held together for the remaining 10 days of the AT hike and several months afterward.

++ New Posts ++