WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Average shuttle prices

Can we do a comparison on shuttle prices? I have been quoted $100 to go from North Springs MARTA to Daholenga. I need a Walmart/ phone shop prior to getting on trail. The next quote is $70 from Daholenga to Springer at the forestry road #42. The only reason that I’m asking is that I just read an online trail journal where the hiker quoted a price of $50 to get from Springer to the Daholenga Walmart and then back again!! $50 in total ! I don’t expect anything for free and am grateful and respectful of the trail community , I’m just curious in how much shopping around will save. We all have a budget to adhere to.

Don't have a comparison to offer, just some thoughts.
    There is a Walmart about a mile away from the Sandy Springs station (station south of North Springs). You could walk there, and then just need one shuttle to get you to Springer. Not sure what the current rates are, but I think it would be closer to $120 than $170.

$70 does seem like a lot for the second shuttle, however those forest service roads can be slow/difficult some times of year (not sure when you are planning for), and some drivers may not really prioritize that route.

If you ask the right person it could be free

South of Mason Dixon line shuttles average $1 per mile. North of there its $2 per mile. My info is getting dated now however so your results may vary.

I agree that $170 seems a bit steep however $120 seems a bit low for a couple stops along the way. I would have guessed $150...$120 if no stops.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

++ New Posts ++