WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I use a simple waterproof Dyneema wallet in my back pocket where I normally keep my regular wallet when not hiking. In the Dyneema I have my Driver's license, debit card, 2-credit cards, health insurance card, cash and my military challenge coin. IMO there is no need for anything "extra" like a fanny pack just because I'm hiking.

I have always used a waist pack even before the wonderful options there are now. I currently use a Lite AF pack because it rides nicely between the hip belt pockets of my ULA. I do keep valuables in there and trust it more then Pants pockets that I have lost items out of, or soaked when crossing some rivers in Maine. I hike in Shorts so no zippered thigh pockets. Like others, I use a ziplock for the valuables and phone when it rains even in the Dyneema pack. However, I also carry snacks, chapstick, pocket knife, and other occasional use items that would be difficult to get to with a pack on, making this a better chose than a money pack IMHO. To me the greatest plus of the waist pack is the ability to use it 24 hours a day, with my ULA pack on or or off, on the trail, in camp or while in town Resupplying. It is a versatile piece of Equiptment for me.
    "gbolt" on the Trail

I am Third

We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA

Bravo Belt works well.
    Termite fart so much they are responsible for 3% of global methane emissions.

I’m thinking of having a Dyenema zippered pocket sewn on to my right butt cheek, so I can still carry my id, cash and cards on Hike Naked Day.

You could also carry it Papillon/Dega-style
    GD&R...

Quote Originally Posted by Leo L. View Post
    You could also carry it Papillon/Dega-style
    GD&R...
    And leave a fortune in a cat hole? Non merci mssr!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++