WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Patagonia Capilene 1

For those of you who have owned the Patagonia Capilene 1 long sleeve base layer, what have you found that comes closest to it in terms of very light weight and technical performance? With hand washing and care mine has lasted for years but they don't make them anymore.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    For those of you who have owned the Patagonia Capilene 1 long sleeve base layer, what have you found that comes closest to it in terms of very light weight and technical performance? With hand washing and care mine has lasted for years but they don't make them anymore.
    Outdoor Research Echo.

Thanks, BradMT. Moosejaw had this on sale for $43. It's a great shirt - light, warm and comfortable. Great advice!

Images

You bet Deb - happy to help!

Default Capilene 'Lightweight/Silkweight' was their finest!

Yes to OR, it is some of the closest. The issue is how DELICATE it is. Patagonia has always been big on standing behind their products, and still are. Mine developed holes thruout, primarily on the back and hip belt area, so this really challenged their warranty. They had no other choice but to discontinue one of their finest fabrics ever! And, at that time the market was changing over to 'greener' recycled fabrics which are not near as durable as virgin manufactured/recyclable textiles, hold more water, and these 'greener' textiles cost more despite less chemicals??? This leaves those who know about 'that' Capilene to shop eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post

Images

I prefer OR Echo fabric to the original Patagonia...

++ New Posts ++