WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default An Appalachian Trail Song

Recently, AT section hiker "Dawdle" wrote the lyrics for a song about the AT. With the help of several friends, this was set to music and performed by the Three Rivers Singers in Rome, GA. Here's a YouTube link for the video, illustrated by recent photos taken on the southern half of the AT, mostly in Virginia:

An Appalachian Trail Song - YouTube

Very nice thanks for sharing! I wish I was talented enough to make a rock version of the Appalachian trail.

Didn't "Walking Jim" do a song about the AT? Any video's on the song?

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Natures Son View Post
    Didn't "Walking Jim" do a song about the AT? Any video's on the song?
    Educational video singing kid songs in wild Montana: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SipatIVetP4

Here's his Appalachian trail song(music only): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL2c...gILUpQ&index=2

That " long trails song " made the hairs on my arm stand up and gave me goose bumps,loved the harmonica.

Barefoot Sisters "Dig a hole, dump your load."

Many years ago, I think her name was Hot Rod, "The End Of The Trail As We know it," on her little pack guitar at Katahdin Stream sure was nice.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Barefoot Sisters "Dig a hole, dump your load."

Many years ago, I think her name was Hot Rod, "The End Of The Trail As We know it," on her little pack guitar at Katahdin Stream sure was nice.
    Holy "crap " now thats funny I don't care who you are!
    Awesome the way they doo,doo, the harmonizing.
    And the state of PA move a rock dump a load ,move a rock dump a load , thats what you doo,doo,doo.
    And I find funny they wear no shoes but wear skivys as they state in the Maryland section too funny!!

I suppose a zillion backpackers have composed songs or poems or other tributes while on the AT. Sounds like we've got choral and folk genres covered. Perhaps Journey or Chicago or Earth, Wind & Fire can release a rousing rock tribute. Then James Taylor or Joan Baez for a more mellow version. And Emmylou Harris for country.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post

Her trail name was T-Bird.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

++ New Posts ++