WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Did the price of the FarOut complete AT guide just increase?

I could swear that the last time I looked at the A.T. guide in the FarOut store, that the price for the entire trail was $59.99, which seemed like a great price, considering the cost of each map individually is $9.99 and there are 9 maps total (not including the free Springer Approach trail).
    I have been considering purchasing the entire set, even though I already own three of the maps. I thought perhaps there would be a discount off the package price if I owned some of the maps already, but apparently not.
    Now, the price is listed at $74.99, but the individual maps are still prices at $9.99. Several years ago when I purchased DWG to Great Barrington and Great Barrington to Hanover NH, the price of each was $8.99. Sure, I can understand the price increase over the years, but now I'm considering purchasing the maps I don't own, which would total $9.99 x 6 = $59.94. So at $59.99, it would have been a push to just purchase the entire set, but now at $74.99 it would make more sense to purchase the individual maps I don't already own.
    Was I imagining the $59.99 price, was there a sale, or did the price increase over the past couple of weeks?
    I suppose I should purchase the maps now at $9.99, to avoid another price increase, but looking at the app, it seems to me that if I want future updates free, I would need to purchase the lifetime for $74.99 (for the A.T. only, or subscribe to Unlimited for $96.00/year).
    At this point, I don't think I would use many of the other trails to make the unlimited sub worthwhile.

I really like the FarOut maps, but I'm sure there are less expensive options out there.

Your thoughts?

Ethan TX

I can’t answer your question on pricing but in prior years they had a Black Friday sale and/or Small Business Saturday sale. Either watch their social media accounts or sign up for emails. They periodically run sales on a certain trail for a day or two.

Thanks; I subscribed to e-mail updates/promotions.

Not imagining. It once was $59.99 Checkout the wayback machine. Paste the particular website address (the one with the price) into the machine and voila, it magically gives the history of that website.

++ New Posts ++