I am seeking connections in an attempt to demonstrate the social, economic, and psychological benefits of the AT hiker lifestyle. This would become the seed group with the intention of communicating the advantages of lightweight living to a worldwide academic, religious, and governmental audience. The emphasis here is not selling disengagement from society, "look at my thru hike," or marketing of the AT, but how the backpacking experience can translate lessons learned on the trail to real-world decision and policy-making.

I'm asking established or aspiring professionals in these fields to please PM me regarding volunteering. Please provide a little information on your background and what motivates you to contribute to such a project. If your field is not listed but you would have interest in volunteering for such a project kindly let me know. I have channels for fundraising and distribution but we need to put the pieces together first.

Sociology
Psychology
Economics
Anthropology
Outdoor Stewardship
Philanthropy
Sci / Tech
Philosophy
Medicine
Clergy
Lobbying
Marketing
Writing
Photography
Film

PS I've been on WB for a long time, let's try not to fill this thread with negativity. I won't be responding to it.

Thanks.